Hello from Dan. 53 Brand New!

Hi Dan, welcome to the community. If you are patient and focus on playing simple grade 1 songs at first you will enjoy playing as much as you enjoy listening. I started from the beginning again at module 0 and 1 at the age of 67, so age shouldn’t hold you back. If you use the Justing Guitar app, then be sure to also look at the lessons on the website and look at the discussion for the lessons in this community forum. You might find answers to some of your questions. If not, you can ask your own questions and someone will be happy to answer. Have fun.

1 Like

Dan, Welcome. I’m 78 and into my third year of guitar. It is a lot of fun and gets easier with daily practice. Follow Justin’s courses. They’ll set you right with your guitar adventure. Rock on!

1 Like

I started at 60 (I’m now 63).

As long as you have the time and discipline to practise and your expectations are realistic I think you’ll be surprised how quickly you progress.

I’m never going to be able to play like Justin but I get great pleasure from just playing for myself - playing songs I never would have believed possible when I started.

As they say - it’s disappointing how little you seem to progress in a week and surprising how much you progress in a year.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Hey Dan take your time, do plenty of stretching and those fingers will be fine. Welcome onboard.
:sunglasses: