Hello from Dawn another newby from Staffordshire UK

Hi there! I’m just converting from Ukulele to Guitar. I previously failed to learn guitar after many private lessons and the guitar was banished to the loft. Many years later, I was thankfully introduced to a Ukulele and I was hooked. Been playing Uke for around 6 years now and decided to give the guitar another go! Since finding the justinguitar website I’ve been hooked. Can’t put the guitar down!!!
All I can say is so far so good, but oh how I wish Justin’s lessons were around 30 years ago!!! They are superb! They are far superior to the private lessons that I wasted money on all those years ago.

3 Likes

Good on you Dawn and welcome. I’m sure the Uke experience will be of great benefit and I could not agree more about the quality of Justin’s courses.
Good luck with everything and look forward to hearing your progress!!

1 Like

Welcome, Dawn, glad to hear it. Look forward to hearing you play, guitar or uke. Share recordings in #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing

1 Like

Excellent stuff and welcome to the community. My experience with lessons has been a mixed bag for sure. Far too many teachers force theory and scales inappropriately under the guise that it will make one a better player in the long run while ruining it for some / many in the short run. Now that I’m well past being a beginner, I’m learning as much theory as I can.

2 Likes

Hello Dawn and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

I agree with you on Justin’s lessons and I also wish I had the dedication I do now, 30 years ago.

2 Likes

Hi Dawn,

Welcome again, look forward to seeing you post something guitar or Ukulele.

A

1 Like

Hi Dawn, welcome to the community. I am in Staffordshire too.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the lovely welcome messages. Hopefully I will get to post a video of me playing soon. It’s always good to record your progress. All I can say now is … GOSH! My fingers aint alf hot Mum!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I will do if/when I get time. I’ve just finished Grade 1 beginners and am struggling to choose 5 songs to consolidate what I’ve learned so far.

1 Like

Sure your manage it. I struggle with songs also pick something that you really like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Dawn,
Welcome, and don’t hesitate too long about recording a video, that is really the best school after Justin … I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello Dawn, a warm (heatwave in Staffs just now no doubt … and boy ih boy it ain’t half hot) welcome to the community. You have found the best content and the greatest community. Everything you need is here.

On two …

1, 2

Meet the gang ’cause the boys are here —
The boys to entertain you.
With music and laughter to help you on your way —
To raising the rafters with a hey-hey-hey!
With songs and sketches and jokes old and new —
With us about you won’t feel blue!
So meet the gang ’cause the boys are here —
The boys to entertain you!
B – O, B – O – Y – S, boys to entertain you

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Cheers Richard. I’m loving the content so far.

1 Like