Hello from Doyin in London!

Hello everyone!

I’ve spent a little time being nosy and looking at everyone else’s introductions and there’s such a varied bunch of stories! At first I felt a little silly for only wanting to pick up the guitar now at 30 years old without any prior experience, but I really feel like I can make myself at home around so many people passionate about bringing more music into the world!

That’s where I am now; I’ve always been an avid listener of music, but now I want to be a part of the people who create things that move us when nothing else will. A lofty dream maybe, but I hope with everyone’s support (and Justin’s of course!) I can make it happen! A pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to the journey ahead with all of you <3

8 Likes

Well said….

Naaaaaaa, never too late.

Welcome and Merry Christmas to you,

R.

2 Likes

Hi Doyin and welcome to the community. There are plenty of us here a fair bit older than 30 who are now realising their dream of playing the guitar and making music. You’re in good company.

2 Likes

Hey Doyin, you’ve certainly come to the right place. I started playing over 10 years ago thanks to Justin Guitar and now I can play well over 50 songs on my own, singing and strumming or singing and fingerpicking. It’s such fun. Learning to play my first song thanks to Justin gave me the motivation to keep going and it just gets better and better. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hello Doyin, and a warm Welcome to the community. It’s our pleasure to meet you :hugs:.

I started my guitar journey last Spring when I was 47. So definitely a bit older than you. But age is just a number.
And having dreams, is what keeps us going :smiley:.

I wish you a wonderful guitar journey and lots of fun with your six-string-friend :grinning:.

3 Likes

Hi Doyin,
Welcome here and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hello Doyin, you’re 30 years young and in the prime of life so good luck on your lifelong learning with music and guitar. Welcome to the community and to JustinGuitar. If you need anything just ask.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like

Welcome on board Doyin…there’ a wide range of ages here, so feel free to feel at home right from the beginning! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you all so much for the kind and encouraging words!! I was a little shy at first about posting here, but I can tell I’m going to have a great time as part of this community ^^

I hope you’ve all had a lovely holiday season and I look forward to making friends with all of you <3

2 Likes

Welcome Doyin. You are in the right place to learn and at 30 you are positively young.

Hello and welcome to the community Doyin. :slight_smile:

Follow that dream and being here, I’m sure, will help you get there.

Hi Doyin
A little silly at 30…I just started at 62!!
Like the line in Happy Talk, “if you dont have a dream, how you gonna make a dream come true”
Dream Big
Paul