Hello from Elisha in Uganda!

Hi I’m Elisha from Kampala Uganda.
I started out in hopes that I’d just play simple chords for my favorite songs, little did I know that this was going to be a really fulfilling journey with it’s ups and downs. Of all things I never regret picking up the guitar because I realized it’s one of the few things we can have entire control over :smile:.
I’ve played for about 4 years and I started the guitar out of boredom during my holiday before joining university. I found Justin’s site when I’d played for over a year but barely got over the middle of his intermediate course and started to check out other sites and resources but it’s not been a smooth journey for me. After all the guitar challenges I faced I decided to remember my roots and decided to come check Justin’s site again.
Wish I had the power to progress steadily I’d be light years ahead but I’ll try to be realistic :blush:. Greetings from Uganda nice to meet you all.

21 Likes

Welcome to the forum Elisha

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Elisha! :slight_smile:

You know, learning an instrument is a marathon rather than a sprint - so no worries, we all have our ups and downs or some plateaus every now and then. Most important thing is to enjoy playing guitar. :smiley:

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Welcome Elisha to the Forum!

Slow and steady wins the race
everybody has it’s own pace .

I tended to breeze through lessons quick,
but now I try keep practicing until it’s slick.

I‘m sure with some help and some thought,
a new routine’ll enhance the joy it brought.

Wish you joyful progress!

Cheers,
Marcel

3 Likes

Greetings Elisha. Welcome to the community. That’s good that you’ve come back to your roots. The grass is always greener on the otherside of the field. It’s alright to visit the other side of the field from time to time. Stick with Justin’s programme as your fundamental lessons and you will definitely progress beyond your dreams.

1 Like

Welcome here

1 Like

Welcome, Elisha, nice to meet you,too.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Elisha :grinning: And what an introduction you have already made by sharing your video :slightly_smiling_face:

I have been active in this community for approx. 11 weeks only, but I find that it really helps me with learning to get better at guitar and at least trying to stay disciplined. Over the years I have tried learning guitar several times, learning with books, in group settings, with Justin’s videos and books, but I never got anywhere really.

This time, however, I know that I will actually learn guitar. It may take longer than I would want to, but then it will. The great thing about this community is that you can always ask. No matter what kind roadblock you encounter, there is always someone who knows and can give encouragement and support :slightly_smiling_face: There is even a section, where you can upload songs you have written and ask for advice and feedback. Meaning you are still learning on your own, but you are not alone by doing so :slightly_smiling_face:

And then there is the “Just chatting”-section, which is a lot of fun, and sometimes a bit silly. There was this story about a supposedly escaped lion in Germany lately for example…

1 Like

Welcome Elisha, nice intro and great to read your journey so far.
If there’s one thing we probably all need to develop is our expectations, if we could all dedicate all day every day to practice we’d be gods, but life doesn’t work like that. So long as we move forward that’s the main thing :+1::grin:

Wishing you much fun with your learning!

1 Like

Hello Elisha, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:.
Great decision to come back to Justin’s Site. His course is so super structured and Well explained. And with this community you’ve found a wonderfully helpful forum that helps you out whenever needed :smiley:.

By the way, my brother-in-law and his wife have just spent their honeymoon in Uganda and absolutely loved the journey :star_struck:.

I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend and look forward to hearing more from you :smiley:.

1 Like

Hi Elisha agian,
Good to see you here and I wish you a lot of fun again and a nice learning curve :sunglasses:
If I’m right you are the first from Uganda in introduce yourself…nice scoop :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. You’ve nailed it. The guitar is full of rewards.

1 Like

Hello Elisha and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Remember, slow and steady wins the race.

1 Like

Elisha, welcome to the community and welcome back to Justin’s Guitar lessons.

1 Like

Hi Elisha and welcome to the community! :wave: I wish you all the best on your guitar journey. Have fun! :partying_face: :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Elisha, I’m a little late, but anyway - welcome to the community! Have many pleasant hours and moments with your guitar whilst learning and playing!

1 Like

Hi Elisha, welcome. While you were away Justin revamped his lessons so you can quickly review the newer Grades 1 and 2 until you find what’s the equivalent of where you were before. You can complement Justin lessons with any material you can find elsewhere, but it is good to have a well structured path like Justin has as your main road to come back when you get lost in the sideroads.

1 Like

Hello Elisha.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. I’m arriving late to your hello party. The website has grown and many new lessons been added over the years. If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.