Scare your friends when you have a party šŸ˜œ

Oh no @SILVIA ā€¦ It was a lionpig :lion: :boar:

The thing made it to the news here obviously as wellā€¦

4 Likes

I just could not believe how similar they look, its uncanny. Does this mean I actually saw a lion sprinting across a nearby field in Normandy, a few years ago and it wasnā€™t a Sanglier as I thought ? Its a funny old world.

I still get these mixed up, we have lots of hippos in France :thinking:

5 Likes

One summer my husband and I were out in the woods at a high vantage point with binoculars just to see what we could see and a large badger with assorted little badgers walked across the trail 100 feet or so in front of us. Not quite a wolverine, but they are mean if cornered.

5 Likes

No such here luckily, but I heard that badgers can be a bit nasty.

We usually only have the occasional ā€œbear spotted downtownā€ warning here, something like once per summer or so - and then itā€™s in fact a bear and not a boar :bear:

Still, Iā€™d rather encounter a bear in the woods (as long as the bear doesnā€™t have cubs) than a wolverine :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

:thinking: What do you think, would Silvia have a holiday job as head of the German police? :rofl:

What surprises me the most is that they still say ā€œmaybe notā€ here and in the east because Stevie Wonder can still say when he zooms in that itā€™s not a lion and sees those piggies standing there :woozy_face:

2 Likes

The young ones were certainly having fun

6 Likes

I heard that from my girl this afternoon and she immediately said ā€¦" ooo you certainly would have done that too" ā€¦well :roll_eyes: :innocent: ā€¦ absolutely yes :smiling_face:

5 Likes

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Now I start being confused, they put all those resources and effort to hunt a boar, mistaking it for a lion?! :joy:

Wellā€¦this is actually very funny!

1 Like

Me too Rogier :face_with_hand_over_mouth::shushing_face::innocent::joy:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@Helen0609 This is the only thing I know about German Police :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

:laughing:ā€¦

And that song brings back memories :smile: :sunglasses:,I ā€œsangā€(/shout) that a lot in the discotheques in Italy (here I hardly ever went to a discotheque), while the music is on my wife also half joins in with the lyrics ā€¦eins zwei polizeiā€¦and shouts ā€œthat was a long time agoā€,
you still often hear here (I donā€™t say thatā€¦only think :smile:) eins zwei when cops walk by ā€¦ thanks :smile: :sunglasses:
:ice_cube: :tropical_drink: :ice_cube:

1 Like

Hi Nicole,
I just read your word liondog again, and I had to looked it up (I thought of a made-up word :upside_down_face:)ā€¦ there is a very good chance that I am now typing something that makes a (bigger) fool of myselfā€¦ the first picture is a dog with a wig, that was actually the joke ā€¦ and I also expected something like that to happen in Germany in one way or anotherā€¦did you know those dog wigs?..I just had to ask
Because the first time when I saw this joke incorporated into a much better joke (unfortunately I was in very exceptional time pressure) I couldnā€™t stop laugh and that this really existed and people bought thisā€¦
for example:
dog wig

Greetingsā€¦

I think, I have seen something like this before, yes :slightly_smiling_face: Amazing, how much attention they paid to detail, including lion ears and tailtip :lion:

Now there will surely be a new market for people wanting to dress up their minipigs as lions. Excitement guaranteed :boar:

1 Like

I remember it on the radio, I was still young for discos in my daddyā€™s eyes :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (both)ā€¦whereabout in Italy did you come for your holidays?

1 Like

Trento-Levico Terme

For almost 40 years (not in the disco the first yearsā€¦and your father was right :blush:) ā€¦2 small discos in the town of Levico where Sisyā€™s summer palace was located where we had our privately rented house 100 to 300 meters from (changed a few times) ā€¦and a big one in Pergine valsugana and a few times in an exclusive disco in Milan ā€¦
But the best times spent at the lake lago di Levico :sunglasses:
Greetings from a rainy and chill (16.1c) Holland and have all a nice and sort of cool sunday :sunglasses:

1 Like

Havenā€™t heard that for ages :joy:

Wonā€™t comment on this :rofl: :partying_face:

1 Like

Anyone who remembers Wild Boyz (Steve O/Joe Rogan/Jackass)?
@SILVIA Be happy, that there are only wild boars under your balcony :blush:

3 Likes

No :slightly_smiling_face: Boars are carnivores thoughā€¦ So, in case @SILVIA has prosciutto-hams dangling from her balcony, it will attract a horde of hungry piggies :pig2:

Ach ja, thinking about it, I am happy that I was only attacked by a flock of hungry seagulls at the festival in Helsinki some weeks ago. An invasion of angry boars would have been something else :boar:

2 Likes

We should call this area of Just Chatting ā€˜Continental Cornerā€™ :rofl:
It seems the silly season has arrived and all my European friends have packed in their tedious practicing to go on safariā€¦
Weiter soā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

Just wait and see, what will happen when a horde of lionpigs will make their way across the sea to you :laughing: :grinning: :laughing:

Some typical ā€œSommerlochā€-story. I remember, when I was still living in Germany many years ago, there was similar excitement when someone had spotted a crocodile in a lakeā€¦ And then there was ā€œBruno der ProblembƤrā€ (Bruno was actually real however)ā€¦

3 Likes

I need a Safari Guitar! Still unsure about the design. Zebra or leo pattern?

I can tell youā€¦Brian writes or performs a new, very special song, the ā€œLionpig Bluesā€ :slightly_smiling_face:

I live in the region where Bruno was seen several times and killed some sheep. Exactly, where Iā€™m hiking with our dog regularly. That was a VERY special feelingā€¦
Donā€™t forget the snapping turtle and all those wolvesā€¦
Iā€™m going slightly madā€¦ :joy:
Back to my obligations!

1 Like