Hello from Erin in Nova Scotia, Canada

Hi Erin and welcome to the forum.

Good to hear your back story and experience, to some degrees similar to the many start stop start stop players you’ll find here.

If you have just found Justin and from one who came here with some baggage as well, I would suggest you jump in at the ground level and work up to your present playability. You may iron out some bad habits, discover things that you didn’t know or couldn’t do but you will find your natural level on which to build on.

Welcome onboard, enjoy the ride.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Erin. :slight_smile:

Hi Erin, welcome to the community forum. As someone who played the acoustic guitar for many years and then tried to learn a little electric guitar on my own before discovering Justin Guitar, I wanted to second @TheMadman_tobyjenner (Toby’s ) suggestion above. Even in the beginner grades Justin tries to provide training in how to learn, how to be a better musician and eventually how to listen to songs and write your own music. I’ve picked up a lot of good rhythm suggestions and how to play rock riffs in Grade 1 and I can’t begin to list all the things learned in the Grade 2 lessons. Have fun in your guitar journey.

Thanks for the tips! It’s good to know other long time players have found useful nuggets in the grades 1 and 2 courses. I know there are some things my early guitar education glossed over so I will approach this with a beginner’s mind . :pray:

2 Likes

Welcome Erin :wave::smiley: Great to have you here and I wish you lots of fun whilst resuming your guitar journey :metal::sunglasses::+1:

Welcome, Erin!

Hello Erin. Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. The Community is large, as is the website. If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.

Hi Erin, welcome. Good you’ve found some time for the guitar. As far as you reserve a consistent practice time slot for the lessons, all the remaining guitar time you can have is for whatever you want and enjoy. Have fun.

Hey Erin. So nice to meet you. I found you from the new “Student Performances” Tab feature where you posted IMAGINE. You sounded great. It seems to be a nice new feature. I hope others will add to it.