Hello from Gurgaon, India

Hi!
I used to play a little ~10 years ago in school but somewhere stopped because I wasn’t really making any progress(self taught) mostly because I had no idea how or where to learn from.

Time skip to a year or so ago when I had the guitar bug hit me again. This time I wanted to do things properly. First things first, I had to take out my old guitar, it was a Yamaha Pacifica 112J, kinda battered, kept in storage for 10 years and I thought it could use a touch up as I’d been reading about changing guitar parts and what not. Long story short, I ended up refinishing it myself from a black gloss to matte black, while also changing out all hardware and electronics.

This is what it finally turned into:

I was happy with how it turned out and it plays and sounds like a dream.

Now on to finally learning and playing it. Looked around online for resources, guides, and people’s recommendations. In the end, everyone seemed to agree that JustinGuitar was the best place online to learn, and after learning from Justin for a while, I can’t help but agree wholeheartedly.

Currently learning music theory and blues, hope to start jamming with few a people once I feel confident enough and hopefully maybe even a small gig or two in the future.

17 Likes

I’ve used several online resources and I do think that JustinGuitar is the best for leading you down a defined track until you are ready to deviate. I still use other resources for a different point of view on certain topics, but JustinGuitar is my main guide.

Also, nice guitar! I’m sure it’s a special pleasure in playing a guitar that you stripped down and refinished, you should keep that guitar forever.

Hi Manvendernara,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun…and nice work :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

Welcome to the forum Manvendernara

Welcome Manvendernara. Guitar looks good.

Welcome to the community, Manvender! :smiley:

Great work on your guitar, very impressive. Wish you loads of joyful hours of playing together and of course a lot of fun on your learning journey. :slight_smile:

Cheers - Lisa

Hi Manvender, welcome to the community forum. That’s a nice looking guitar that you have rebuilt and refinished. Have fun playing it.

Hi Manvender
Welcome to the community :smiley: :sunflower:
Great job on your guitar!
Definitely agree, you’re in the right place for learning guitar :slight_smile:

Good to meet you Manvender and great work with the re-finish / update on your guitar!!

Incredible! :slightly_smiling_face:
Hi, I am from Faridabad. I too bought guitar while in school but never bothered to learn it. Recently I had some time, so I thought to give it a shot and found about Justin Guitar through internet especially YouTube and Lemmy. Currently in grade 2 learning Wonderwall and I really love how well structured the course is and how I progressed from nothing to able to play open chords confidently.

Welcome, Manvender. That’s a nice looking guitar. Great job. This is indeed a great place to learn!

Hi Manvendernara! Nice to meet you! Good work on that guitar, it looks stunning! And good luck with your guitar journey. You’re in good company!

-Jeff