Hello from Henry in Chelmsford, Mass

Hello everyone, I am new to the community and right now I am up to Module 9 and I’m still not happy with my chord changes,( I am pretty old and my fingers aren’t as nimble as they use to be), but I am determined to keep on playing so one day I can play in a band.

7 Likes

Welcome to the community Henry. You will find playing guitar will be good for your fingers dexterity and chord changes will become easier the more you play.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Henry. Take it slow and steady and you will keep on getting better and better.

1 Like

Hello Henry,
welcome to the community :hugs:.
I’m in module 7 right now and also not really happy with my chord changes. But some days are better than others, and I do notice some progress. With some patience and even more practice, we’ll reach our goals :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Hi Henry,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:…and I hope that by practicing your guitar playing a lot your fingers will get an upgrade :crossed_fingers:…and your guitar has to grow I see ,maybe it will be a little easier :wink:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome Henri!
Never too old to learn and the extra workout will probably have a positive effect on the nimble-ness of your fingers!
Keep at it with those chord changes, they’ll improve for sure! :+1:

1 Like

I’ve never been to Chelmsford, but I have family there that I’ve never met. My GGGGGGGGGrandfather, George Robbins, was in Chelmsford in the 1650s, and from what I understand there are still some of his descendants there.

Welcome to the community. Playing with others is great fun, keep at it

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the community Henry. :slight_smile:

Keep at it and your fingers will eventually get there.

1 Like

Thank’s Stitch, I find that I am more felxable and don’t seem as slow when I stretch and warm them up before my practice

Thank’s Dave

Thank’s Nicole,

Ha Ha. Thanks Roger, My friend gave me the uke and I joined a uke club that plays twice a month and its a blast, but the guitar is my true passion.!

Thank’s Aaron.

I know a Millisa Robbins

1 Like

Hello Henry, a very warm welcome to the community.
Feeling your fingers lack flexibility and being unhappy with chord changes is a common issue for many learners young and old. I would advise that you slow down a little, pause at your current module and spend time consolidating. The best and most fun way to improve and practice chord changes is to learn songs, learn songs, learn songs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Richard, I want to learn so much its hard to slow down. I just started playing songs but need to go back and improve my rhythm.

1 Like

Thank’s Tony

Hi Henry,

Welcome to the community. You are never too old to start playing guitar. I have been learning through Justin guitar for a couple years now and have made tremendous progress after multiple failures in the past. I struggle with arthritis in my hands, which limits my playing sometimes, so I can relate to what you said about your hands not working like they used to. For chord changes, simple repetition and timing yourself changing chords , as Justin teaches, is really beneficial. Don’t give up, your talent is there and will show in time. I suggest to record yourself and your progress, even if you are the only one that sees it. You will see how quickly you have made progress over the coming weeks. Best of luck on the journey, We are all here to support.

Jeff from California

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Henry! That’s a great goal - I’m sure that will help to motivate you to improve!