Hello from Jeff, outside Atlanta

Hi all! I’m Jeff. I’m a 46yo guy outside Atlanta. I played guitar for about a year when I was ~13, but hadn’t touched one in decades. With some new time on my hands, I thought I’d take it up again recently and picked up the Fender Squier Dreadnought about 2 weeks ago on the advice of a Reddit guitar forum. Similarly, that Reddit led me here to Justin Guitar. I started with the website and liked it enough I picked up the app to work with.

I’m learning nice and slowly, which is how these things go as I recall, but I’m really looking forward to seeing some great progress over the next few months and beyond.

8 Likes

Hi Jeff - welcome to the community.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Jeff

1 Like

:wave: welcome to the group Jeff

1 Like

Hi Jeff,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun and a long time of playing :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Jeff, welcome to the community. Nice and slow is good. I raced ahead without getting the basics sound and I am having to return to Beginners Grade 1 now to iron out some problems. Whatever, enjoy the journey.

2 Likes

Welcome Jeff, keep things at your pace, its not a race.

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Jeff! :smiley:

Wish you lots of fun on your guitar journey.

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Hey, Jeff, … 2 out of 3 ain’t bad … :thinking: … you stopped playing, you bought an acoustic, and you joined JG.
Plenty to keep you on track in here this time around.
Welcome, :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hey Jeff, welcome to the community. I dreamed of playing for many years and waited till I was 53 to get serious about it. So you have quite a head start! It’s so worth it, now that I’ve been playing for well over a decade it’s now part of my lifestyle and oh so rewarding (yeah, and frustrating at times). Hang in there and keep your head down, you’ll be amazed at what you can do very soon!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Jeff !

Well you have found a great teacher in Justin and I see there is no need for me to add my “Its a marathon not a sprint” mantra. Take your time and enjoy the ride,

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Jeff
Glad you’re getting into the music, and welcome to the community,
Cheers
Ruaridh

1 Like

Hello Jeff & Welcome!!!

My advice to noobies is to keep the guitar on a stand or hung on the wall… play a little bit any time you have 5 free minutes… coffee brewing? Pick it up & strum a few minutes. It makes a big difference! Oh, learn songs too!!!
Good luck with your musical journey!!!

Tod

2 Likes

Welcome Jeff! Don’t be afraid to complete a module, then go back and repeat it. At the very beginning, I may even suggest doing just that.

2 Likes

Hello Jeff and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

HI Jeff, welcome to the community forum. Have fun playing guitar and learning songs.

Absolutely a good way of going about things. Having a really solid foundation is a key contributor to you progressing!!

Welcome to the community!

Rock on! :love_you_gesture::+1::sunglasses:

Darren

Hello Jeff. Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. The Community is large, as is the website. If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.

Hi Jeff, welcome. Good you’re not putting too much pressure on your guitar learning because that doesn’t work, regular practice does. Have fun

Welcome! Dive in!
Bruce, inside Atlanta.