Hello from Jessica in Ireland, complete newbie

Hello everyone,

I am 34, from Ireland. I am here as I want to learn to play guitar. I owned an electric guitar way back in my teens, I had gone to maybe 8 lessons then stopped (I was way too shy to manage lessons back then). I traded my guitar with another person for a laptop. I have been a software developer now for several years so it wasn’t a bad trade.

I bought myself a starter electric guitar this weekend and I am so excited to learn to play it. Happy to have found this site & this community to learn from.

8 Likes

Welcome Jessica, you are in the right place to learn, hope you have years of fun.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Jessica

2 Likes

Hi Jessica and welcome! I am also from Ireland and have been learning with Justin for 3.5 years. I tried numerous different routes to learn and failed at all of them until I found Justin. The lessons are so well structured and you will notice improvement and gains all along the way. This community is also great for offering advice, encouragement and anything else you need along the way. Good luck and enjoy the journey! Eddie

3 Likes

Hi Jessica, and welcome aboard.
I’m still feel like a newbie after 4-5 years, but it’s still just as much fun :smiley:
I used to wonder why there are not more of us Irish around, but a few of us seem to be crawling out of the woodwork since we moved sites…
Have fun with your new guitar and keep us posted on how you get on.
Do you really have a mohawk? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Hi Jessica

You could not be in a better place to learn. Great courses and a great teacher, plus hordes of folk here who at different places on the same journey you will be making. Make use of folk here and never be afraid to ask when unsure about something. We are here to help.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thank you , and it used to be a mohawk, (short one, not the big spiked punk rock version) now its just a high pony tail with a massive 0 undercut :slight_smile: :metal:

1 Like

Hi Jessica,
Welcome and i wish you a lot of fun and persistence to enjoy a lifetime of music :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

3 Likes

Hey Jessica, it’s great to hear from a complete beginner. Welcome! I think you’ll find Justin’s methods a great way to learn and this community a very supportive place :blush: Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

2 Likes

Hey Jessica, welcome to the community. Playing guitar is great fun and so rewarding along the way especially once you find your groove. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Welcome Jessica, have fun!

2 Likes

Hello Jess and welcome. :slight_smile:

Not a bad swap, as now you’ve carved you career you can learn to play the guitar. Full circle.

2 Likes

Hi Jessica, a warm welcome to JystinGuutar and the community.
If you want any help, support or encouragement just ask.
5 days eh? I’m sympathetically thinking of your painful fingertips! :wink:

2 Likes

Hello Jessica,
It‘s only a few months ago when I was a complete newbie. So I can remember these very first days with my guitar very well. It‘s sooo exciting, full of joy and - of course - some finger pain :grinning:. While the joy still remains, the pain has (mostly) disappeared :blush: .
I wish you a great guitar journey and look forward to hear more from you :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes