Hello from John in Devon, UK

Here’s Johnny !!

Hi John good to see the youngsters aren’t having all the fun. If you found Justin back in '14 shame you did not drop into the old forum before we moved to this new house. You’d certainly have go the advice and help with the issues you described. Hey but you are here now, so if you need some advice there is plenty around these parts. Slowing down and focusing on specifics will certainly help but I am one that normally spinning a few plates at the same time but it does not always work for everyone. Just as for help when you need it and all will be well !

Cheers

Toby

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you Toby

1 Like

Hello John, welcome to the community. Enjoy your time here.

1 Like

Hi John, welcome to the community. Some things you absolutely need to know, like open chords, how to barre chords and a couple of scales that are commonly used in the music you want to play, but you do need to know about the F#m7b5 chord until you actually need it for a song or you don’t need to master the melodic minor scale in every key until you are ready to explore this path. Going one step at the time like you are doing now will reap fruits now and later.

1 Like

Hi John,

Welcome to a super community and and a great site loads to learn and Justin keeps adding.

A

1 Like

Hi Michael, thank you for your welcome

1 Like

Hi Andres, thank you for your welcome and your advice

1 Like

Hi Amanda, thank you for your welcome

2 Likes

Hello John,
My family crossed the pond from Devon in 1858 to settle in Ontario, Canada where I am now. I haven’t yet visited England, but hope to soon to trace my family roots. I have seen videos of Devon and it looks absolutely beautiful!
Wishing you the best in your guitar journey,
Christina

1 Like

Hi Christina, good to hear from you. It was my great-grandfather who moved to Devon as a farmer from Gloucestershire in about the 1830’s. My father decided to move to London in the 1930’s in search of fame and fortune!
To cut a long story short I moved to Cornwall with my wife and two children in 1989 and subsequently to Devon in 1999 and now live no more than 10 miles from the farm purchased by my great-grandfather! Unfortunately there is now no family connection.
Guitar continues to be a challenge but also very enjoyable - hope the same is true for you!
Should you ever find yourself in this neck of the woods please get in touch and perhaps we could meet up?
Cheers John.

1 Like