Hello from John in Los Angeles!

Hey everyone! LA native here, started playing guitar almost 30 years ago (wow, really?!? I should be better by now–haha) when I was around 12 or 13 down in Manhattan Beach. Took a few lessons with Deitz Bros. Music, if anyone knows it–but not much beyond just learning whatever songs I was into at the time.

So grateful for Justin making so much theory, technique, and lessons not only FREE… but at a pace that really takes into account how complicated music can be to someone who has no proper training. Most youtube videos, books, etc, have zero hand-holding and tend to skip ahead to concepts that go right over most people’s heads… and it’s so frustrating as you’re just trying to get a grip on one thing at a time.

I’m glad I found this community after so many years. Hoping to make up for all the stuff I never felt like I understood enough to practice over the past few decades. But now thanks to Justin… I can!

9 Likes

Welcome to the community, great to hear from you. I had the pleasure of living in the greater Los Angeles area in my youth back in the 70s. I remember how rare it was to meet someone who was born there. Look forward to hearing more from you, yeah, Justin is the bomb!

3 Likes

Hi John and welcome to the Community.

Make yourself at home and make use of all the knowledge that abounds here, from the many folk who have been using Justin’s lessons from days to decades !!

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to guitar-mania! I’m an LA native myself. Valley dude. Settle in and join the fray!

3 Likes

Hi John,
I wish you a lot of guitar playing :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

3 Likes

Good to meet you John, welcome to the community! Terrific to hear you’re re-energised via Justin, all the best!

3 Likes

Hello John, so nice to meet you :hugs:.
Yes, Justins course and this community are terrific :star_struck:. I was lucky to find them right at the beginning of my guitar journey. It feels so right following this path :grinning:.
I’m looking forward to hear more from you and your progress :blush:.
Have fun :smiley:.

3 Likes

Welcome, John! Glad you found Justin, yeah he’s the best!

Out of curiosity, how did you end up coming across him?

2 Likes

Hello John and welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

That is the great thing about Justin’s course, he really does do it nice and slow and as if you have never even held a guitar before.

3 Likes

Youtube, amongst the droves of people who assume you’re super well-versed in music theory and uncommon chords that only end up making your head spin!

2 Likes

Welcome John. You are in the right place to continue your learning/ Good luck.

2 Likes

Howdy pardner…

R. H

2 Likes

Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fabulous community John.
You have summer up Justin’s teaching and learning approach so well.
Look around and ask if you need anything.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like

Welcome John (albeit quite belatedly! :joy:)!
We must be similar age? It is just coming up 30 years since I picked up a guitar for the first time too at 14… Then put it down, then picked it up again, then put it down again… And so on for many years! :rofl:
Justin has been who’s finally got me on the right track to being properly serious about guitar. I hope he’s continuing to do the same for you.
Enjoy the journey and all the best! :metal::sunglasses:

1 Like