Hello from Joshua. I am relearning guitar with Justin

Hello, my name is Joshua Xiadavosi and tomorrow I will recieve my new acoustic guitar. after having not really played for a while, I am going to restart the guitar journey with the JustinGuitar.com website. I also have a blog that can be read here:

https://joshuaxiadavosi.wixsite.com/joshua-xiadavosi-mus

I will post a picture of my new guitar tomorrow. So exited :smile:

greetings from The Netherlands.

5 Likes

welcome :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum Joshua

Welcome Joshua @JXiadavosi! Can’t wait to see the photo of your new guitar!

Welcome to the community, Joshua, and happy NGD in advance!

Welcome to the community Joshua! :slight_smile:

Have lots of fun with your new guitar hopefully coming soon! :smiley:

Hello Joshua & Welcome!!!

So excited to hear that you are about to have a NGD (New Guitar Day)… that’s a good reason to celebrate!!!
Also good to know that you’ve found Justin & the best online lessens out there (IMHO)!
Good luck & remember to keep it fun!

Tod from New Mexico USA

Welcome Joshua, always good to see some one restarting again. I did that many times before finding Justin, who has kept me playing and advancing. Enjoy the ride.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Joshua,
Welkom hier en ik wish you a lot of fun here :smile: :sunglasses:

And today is the day … Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Welcome Enjoy NGD :slight_smile:

Welcome to the community Joshua!

My guitar has arived:

I’m now reading the first lessons from the Beginners Course that I also bought. Going to start with lessons next week. Thanks everyone for the reply’s. Im so happy now.

7 Likes

Oooooohh, I love the black, very Johnny Cash! You’ve passed the (re)starting line on your journey. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Beautiful. Hope you enjoy the relearning journey!

Hey Joshua,

Niiiiiiice guitar!!! Congratulations!!! I see that you have a stand - that’s really good - you can pick up your guitar when you have a few spare moments & strum whatever you’re working on! I like to play while my coffee’s brewing in the morning before everyone’s up!

Have fun learning & good luck!

Tod

P.S. One other thing, finger pain is very real but it’s not going to last too long… it’s just one of the hurdles every guitarist has to deal with!

Hey Catman,

Thanks, I am reading the book from the beginners course at the moment. I plan on practicing in the evening at 22:00 right before bedtime. Thanks for the tips.

greetings,
Joshua

1 Like

Joshua

Just a heads up if you are talking about the Beginners Course book 1 & 2. These refer to Justin’s old and now referred to “Classic” Beginners Course. He rewrote the whole set of beginners courses, with additional material a few years ago, so the book does not reflects Grades 1 and 2 on the website (but covers maybe 80% of the current material).

I see from your intro, you are just restarting. If so I’d recommend following the website grades.

Nothing wrong with the old course, its where I started with Justin over a decade ago. But the new course cover stuff I wish had been available in the original course. In fact a year or so, I went back to ground zero and went through Grade 1 2 & 3 and it was worth the journey.

As you are new to Justin, you may not be aware of the backstory to his course development, so worth considering at this early stage.

YMMV

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi Joshua, welcome to the community. Happy New Guitar Day (NGD)!! :smiley:.

I think that it is great that you are reading the JG Beginner Course book. I also used this book when I took the old classic beginner course. As @TheMadman_tobyjenner said, the beginner course has been completely redone, but all the advice in the book still is valuable. Grade 1 in the new course (Modules 0 and 1 to 7) covers all the topics (or at least all the chords) in the classic beginner course Grade 1 (Stages 1 to 3). It also adds new things like riffs and removes ear training from the new practice schedule in the early modules. Have fun with your new guitar.

1 Like

Hello Joshua

Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning:

Hi Joshua,

Welcome to the community forum. :grinning: