Hello from Mac in France

Hi , My name is Mac
Thats my pen name in my work and everybody calls me Mac ( my real name was forgotten long ago )
Im French i m 41 and i m handicaped since an accident 20 years ago
neurological problems due to a head trauma
i hardly go out of my house because of that so i wanted to try something i can do at home like playing the guitar
i already work from home , i m a comic book artist !
so i needed something to change my mind and have some fun

I started playing on Yousician for a year , just as an entertainment
but now i want to get a little more serious so i switched to the justin guitar lessons
20 to 30 minutes each day is my target ( and thats the most i can focus on )

well i hope i ll finally get the justin guitar app to work first XD

10 Likes

Bonjour Mac et bienvenue dans la communauté. And Hi from Normandie (via the UK !).
Justin’s teaching method and structure sound exactly what you need to reach goals.
If you ever need any help here, just ask. Finding your way around may be a little overwhelming to stat with but you’ll soon know where everything is. Best way is to read the topic that are posted and which category they are in, it will help you to know where to look if you have a similar question.

Most of all just have fun and enjoy the ride.

Salut

Toby (not my realname, also forgotten by most or never known !!)
:sunglasses:

1 Like

thanks

i m still trying to understand whats going wrong cause the justin app doesn t recognize any sound coming from my guitar via the focusrite
on yousician it works just fine but not on the justin app and i dont know why

1 Like

Yeah I saw the question but I am not an app user so could not shed any light, I am sure someone will get you sorted out ! :sunglasses:

Welcome to the community, Mac! :slight_smile:

Glad you joined us and want to get a little more serious about your guitar journey. You’re in good company here. Hope someone can help you figure out your app-issue. I’m also not using the app, only the website and courses there.

Wish you loads of fun exploring guitar-land! :smiley:

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Welcome Mac from a Belgian neighbor! :wink:

I also use the app, mostly for the songs.
I also had an issue with the app not correctly counting the changes.
I switched to the websites practice routines and count the changes myself and keep track of them so I can see the stats and improvements.

1 Like

thanks for the replies

well , i guess i ll we use the app on my tablet even if it doesn t fully hear the notes
and try to do it the old way by just using the website

What i like about using an app its that it pushes me to play
i m afraid of losing motivation with only the website since there are no interactions

Welcome to the forum Mac

1 Like

Hey Mac, welcome to the community. Look forward to hearing more from you. You ARE an inspiration for sure!

1 Like

Bonjour Mac! French was one of three foreign languages I failed to pick up in my studies, just so you know. I don’t know what Yousician is, but if it’s some of your music, leave a link so we can listen!

1 Like

Hi Mac,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
and beeing here is a big step forward to a beautiful guitar life, this is now literally in your own hands, hold on to it :smiley:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

oh thanks
yousician is an app to learn to play but its more like a game : https://yousician.com/
Its a fun way to start but after a year you feel that you need more to progress

1 Like

Hello Mac and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Mac. Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. The Community is large, as is the website. If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Note - every lesson on the App has tje same lesson on the website, and the website lessons have additional written content and sometimes downloadable resources. If you can, use both together.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.

2 Likes

Hi Mac, welcome to the Community. Sorry but I don’t use the app either. Hope you get it sorted and good luck on your journey.

1 Like

Bonjour Mac, welcome to the community. I also recommend using both the app and the website. I use both resources. If you set up an account in the Justin Guitar website and log in, the website will track your progress as you watch the lessons. Also each of the website lessons has a discussion link to the community with discussions, questions and answers about that lesson. Very useful. There is also a practice app on the website for beginner lessons and I also like to practice some with the Nitsuj lessons in Grades 1 and 2. The app is somewhat interactive but I have not gotten any interaction with some of the practice elements like Perfect Chord Changes or Scales. I do like playing along with the songs on the app. I hope that guitar brings you joy and much more.

Hi Mac, welcome. Good you found the guitar to change your mind when not at work. Have fun.

I don’t use the app, but it should get your sound from your default mic that in this case should be the Focusrite. I don’t think you should miss any functionality the app can give you. You can try this section to get information on how to obtain technical support for the app and check some of the topics already created.

1 Like

thanks for the welcome messages guys ^^

1 Like