Hello from Mark in Glossop, England - introducing myself

Hi Everyone, Mark here from Glossop, England. Finally began my guitar journey at nearly 50 years old earlier this summer. Discovered Justin through searching around Google and really glad I started. Can’t stop picking the guitar up now! I’m mostly terrible but loving the journey😀 looking forward to the coming years, it’s actually increased my enjoyment of music👍

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Mark. Follow the programme, slow and steady, and you’ll continue to learn, improve and become a better player.

1 Like

Thanks David, I’m enjoying it so much I don’t even think about the speed of progression👍

1 Like

That is wonderful to hear, Mark, glad you are here! Welcome!

Hi Mark,
Welcome and I wish you many years of fun with this hobby that quickly gets out of hand…so good luck, good luck against G.A.S and have a nice weekend :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks Rogier, I can totally see how it would get out of hand​:joy::+1:

Hello Mark,
Welcome to the community :hugs:.
I’m about your age and started my guitar journey in Spring. Like you, I’m “addicted” to playing guitar. Sometimes I really have to force myself to put it down and remind me, that I’ve got small children as well, who need something to eat :sweat_smile:.
I wish you a lot of fun with your new hobby :smiley:.

1 Like

Welcome Mark. I’m with you. So excited about playing. I too, and mostly terrible with a side of really awful through in and about two shakes of “Wow I really did that well!”.

I am really enjoying Justin’s lessons and like you, I find it exciting to be on this journey.

Hi Nicole, I have my guitar set up in my home office so I constantly behind with my work😂. I just keep picking it up.

1 Like

Hi Rose. I love the structure of the lessons and that there’s so much helpful content this forum included! It’s great to be on the journey with so many like minded people!

Hi Mark, welcome to JustinGuitar and to this fabulous community also. We have an unparalleled spirit of support and encouragement here and if ever you need help or questions answering there will be people around who have been where you are now willing to offer their guidance and experience.
Enjoy.
:slight_smile: Richard

1 Like

Hi Richard, it’s been great to receive such a warm welcome. I can see from looking around the community that everyone is eager to offer advice and support👍

Sounds exactly as it should be :smiley: Welcome!

1 Like

Thanks👍

I absolutely understand what you mean :innocent:.

1 Like

That’s really awesome. I started playing 10 years ago at the age of 53 after dreaming about it for years. I remember the early days when I just couldn’t walk past the guitar without picking it up and practicing. The coming years will be fun fun fun. Enjoy the journey and welcome to the community.

Thanks Tony for those inspiring words👍

Hello Mark and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Enjoy your journey.

1 Like

Hi Mark, welcome to the community. You’re in the for the time of your life.

1 Like

Welcome Mark, from another Mark! :wink:
Keep on picking up that guitar and keep on enjoying, looking forward to hearing about your progress :+1:

1 Like