Hello from Massachusetts, USA

I am an ‘older’ learner, started when I was 12yrs old. Middle of life got away from playing to marry, and bring up sons…back though with a vengeance. Retired now, Eager to learn more and share with others.

John

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum John

Hi John, Welcome to the community.
I have a similar story and location. I started when I was about a 11 (lived in MA), took 45 years off, retired and restarted about 4 years ago (now living in NH).
Justin has put together a great course with many additional resources, not the least of which is this community.
Enjoy the journey!

Welcome to the community, John! :slight_smile:

Wish you loads of fun on your guitar journey.

Cheers - Lisa

Hi John,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings ,Rogier

Welcome John.

Question, do you know if any of the members do occasional in-person or virtual jams or get togethers?

John

Welcome John. :sunglasses:

Occasionally I’ve seen people throw out feelers to set something up. I don’t know how successful they’ve been, particularly when it comes to virtual jams. I’ve not heard of any in-person get togethers in the MA-NH area.

Hey John

welcome to the community, look forward to hearing more from you

Hi John, welcome to the community.

Hi John, nice to meet another MA fellow. I must commend you because you said basically the same thing I did but it took me a research paper and you summed it up into a paragraph. Powerful! I hope your playing is bringing you joy.