Hello from Michael in Rogue River Oregon

Another old dog here. I thought it was time to finally introduce myself. I’ve been a lurker for a few months now.
I’m Michael, I live in Southern Oregon, USA. I retired in September of 2021.
Like many others in the community, I took guitar lessons when I was younger. I also played the drums for several years and really enjoyed it. Learning to play the guitar was something I thought about over the years. But, it’s a busy life.
In January I bought myself a guitar as a retirement gift. I found the Justin Guitar website in February. So glad I did! Justin is a great teacher. I’m Currently on Grade 2 module 10. I try to put in couple of hours of practice time five to seven days a week.

8 Likes

Welcome to the community Michael.

1 Like

Welcome Michael.

Good to have you here mate. Join in the fun, and reach out anytime. Great community here, all helpin each other out.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Michael. I am sure the skills developed as a drummer will be a big assist in playing with good timing. enjoy the adventure.

3 Likes

Welcome to the JG community Michael; looks like you’re on the right track, keep up with it and have fun!

1 Like

Welcome to the community Michael.
Enjoy your guitar journey.

1 Like

Hi Michael
Welcome :slight_smile:
Jax

1 Like

Congratulations on the retirement and welcome to the community. I retired in August of 2019 and have so much more time for guitar now. Enjoy.

1 Like

Welcome! Enjoy your retirement!
I expect a lot of folks here are envious of your ample opportunities to play! :grin:

1 Like

Hi Michael,
Welcome and what a great way to enjoy your retirement even more :sunglasses:… wish you lots of fun
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello Michael,
What a wonderful retirement gift to yourself :star_struck:. A great way to spend your freetime on :smiley:.
I wish you lots of fun with it :hugs:.

1 Like

Welcome Michael! We have a bit in common. I earned my living on the traps for a few years almost 40 years ago, after graduating as a concert violinist of all things! Like you, I got to missing music in my life, and I discovered Justin and bought an axe about 3 years ago. What a way to enjoy retirement. I’m playing around on Grade 3, and can at least entertain myself at home. I up to about 205 songs that I can play and sing reasonably well (I used to sing a little too!), but I still practice seriously. I’m also improving the voice with 30-day singer. A great program. Mostly playing the stuff I knew and liked, Elvis, old country, some old 50’s and 60’s rock, and outlaw country rock. Haven’t found much in the new stuff I like all that well, but then I spend all my time playing and almost none listening to the radio anymore. Proud to be in the club with you Michael. Lead on sir!

1 Like

A really big assist!!

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you! It is a great community.

Thank you! I have been enjoying every minute of it!

Thank you Darrell!

1 Like

Thank you Ruben!

1 Like

Thank you Jax!

1 Like

Thank you Tony! A lot more time for guitar now.

1 Like