Hello - from Miguel in Missouri

Hello there,

My name is Miguel and I live in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. I am married, have two daughters and a dog.

I started playing guitar last year from “zero.” This is something that I have been wanting to do for a very long time but never did for a reason or another. I was probably a little intimidated too. That said, I got the courage in 2021, bought a nice Taylor guitar and started the journey. Covid has been an awful thing in many ways but a positive side effect was that it allowed to me to have more/better family time, working from home has been awesome and it gave me little extra time to pick up a new hobby … no commuting has been a blessing.

I have no plans to play in band or give performances. I just want to learn to enjoy myself and to have fun with my girls.

Aside from playing guitar, I also like to swim, bike and run. Nice to meet you all. I look forward to learning a lot from the group.

Take care,
Miguel

4 Likes

Good to meet you and have you here Miguel :+1:

1 Like

Hey Miguel nice intro and backstory. Thank you for taking the time to do this. Many folk like you have taken some positives from a globally negative situation but well why not, music soothes the soul. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Miguel and welcome to the community.

1 Like

Hi Miguel, great that you have decided now is the time to do something you’ve always wanted to do. It is intimidating for a lot of us, me for sure, but oh so worth it! Looking forward to seeing you around the community.

1 Like

That describes my experience very well. Been playing for 10 years now, it’s extremely rewarding and satisfying. Enjoy the guitar journey

Hello Miguel …all the best wishes for your playing ! Es

Hello and welcome to the community Miguel. :slight_smile:

Playing for yourself gives no end of pleasure I think but never say never.