Hello from Mike - an improver from Leicester, England

Hello all, I have been following and learning from Justin on and off via YouTube for a while, but nothing very structured. I retired recently and want to put a bit more effort into getting better on guitar, so I feel more comfortable playing with other musicians and performing at open mics.
Looking forward to posting some songs, and progressing my guitar playing a bit, hopefully I can put something back in.
Was a bedroom musician in my teens, then really left the guitar alone while I got married, had a family etc. A few years ago my older brother died and it really made me think, you know, if there is something you want to do, now is the time, tomorrow might be too late. I’m sure a lot of you have similar stories.
Anyway onwards and upwardsđź‘Ť

11 Likes

Hello Michael and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

I think there are quite a few on here who wished they’d started sooner instead of procrastinating about it, me being one of them.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

HI Michael and welcome to the awesome community here.

I’m another one here who started later than they’d wished, but having an awesome time now :slight_smile: You’re 100% right, don’t put things off if you want to do them “just because”, crack on and fulfil those amibitions, whatever they may be :+1:

Look forward to hearing more from you!

2 Likes

Hi Michael,
The day you start playing guitar is the right day to have started it… I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the welcome!

1 Like

Thanks Roger!

1 Like

Thanks Notter!

1 Like

Yep, that’s me to a T. Welcome to the community Michael, it’s great once retirement hits, you definitely have more guitar time available.

3 Likes

Hello Michael, nice to meet you, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.
I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend :smiley:.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Mike.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome Mike, its never too late to learn.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community Mike…enjoy your journey :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum mike, your story is so like mine. I picked the guitar up again about two years ago and play everyday also not very structured. That’s the really tricky bit. I think the main thing is just to not stop. As a hobby it has so much to offer.

2 Likes

Thanks Silvia!

1 Like

Welcome GIFs - 21 Animated Images With a Greeting

1 Like

Welcome, Mike! Those are great goals, glad to have you here!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome Mike, enjoy your journey :smiley:

1 Like

A warm welcome to the community Mike.

1 Like

Hello Mike and (belated) welcome to the community.
The problem with accessing Justin’s lessons via Youtube is that randomness rather than structure can dominant. Now you have found the website proper, and the backup of a place in the community, you should have all the structure laid out as a clear learning path for yourself.
If you need any help or support just ask.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like