Hello from Patch!

Hi! I’m patch! I first picked up a guitar towards the end of high school from a pawn shop. I didn’t get too far, just learned the basic chords and a few riffs. I left the guitar at home when I went off to college and never really got around to it again for a while.

Then about 6 years ago, the bug bit me again. I decided to buy one and pick it back up. Bought an Epiphone Les Paul, and realized my fingers still remembered everything from before. But then my wife and I moved, and into storage the guitar went for a while, due to the apartment we rented at the time being so small.

About three years ago, after living in our new place for about a year or so, the bug bit again and I picked it up and haven’t really put it back down. At the same time, I found Justin Guitar and have been slowly working my way through. (My daughter was also born about 3 years ago :smile: )

I’ve worked my way up to the Beginner stage 2 finger picking lesson, have added an Epiphone SG and a Mitchell Acoustic-Electric from guitar center to my slowly growing collection.

I’m horrible for staying active on communities. I have ADHD and I tend to just not visit online communities for a bit, then returning in a flurry, then disappearing for a while again… etc… But I’m looking for a place to share my achievements with fellow learners, and help myself grow.

Nice to meet you!

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Patch.

Your story is similar to so many. This is a supportive Community and an ideal place to get the support and encouragement you are looking for as you work through the Beginner Grades.

Don’t feel pressure to be engaged daily, coming in going is fine. And if you are ready to share then I’d suggest making some simple recordings, phone video is more than god enough, and posting them up here - #all-about-your-music:audio-video-of-you-playing. have a look around and you’ll see that people of all levels share there, and what is common is the positive and encouraging feedback.

Wish you well.

Hello Patch and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool! I have a couple simpler covers I’ve been working on, I’ll see if I can’t get some video recorded of me playing it in the next day or so!

THanks!

1 Like

Hello @patch welcome to the Community.

Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide & Moderator

1 Like

1 Like

Hi Patch, welcome to the community, looking forward to seeing and hearing some of your music!

1 Like