Hello from Paul in Dudley UK

Hello, long time viewer here. I’ve had a sparodic history of playing but been fully focused for a year now.

Looking to get over the hump of sharing something, and getting involved with a community of musicians again

14 Likes

Welcome to JG Paul, there are lots of friendly and helpful people here. I wouldn’t worry about posting a video of yourself playing you will get constructive feedback and support it’s probably one of the best things anyone can do to see mistakes and make improvements.

If you’re following testing grades, I would highly recommend you take the time to cover them thoroughly. You will reap the benefits later on.

Have fun playing guitar.

Hi paul,
Welcome here and nice you get out of the “Shadow”.
I wish you a lot of fun :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

Greetings , Rogier

Welcome to the community Paul. I am glad you joined up and decided to contribute. Sharing is tough, I get that. Well you took the first step.
What type of music do you like playing?

Everyone here is super cool and very helpful. People are very encouraging when you post videos and we have a place that is just for first timers posting videos. Its very beginner friendly.

You can’t pick a better place. So have fun keep up the good work and post when you feel comfortable.

:victory_hand:t2::love_you_gesture:t2::sign_of_the_horns:t2:

I’ve been playing Oasis, Green Day, White Stripes that kind stuff. Especially latey as i just got a fuzz pedal.

I think I’m reasonable at rhythm, but would like to work on picking up odd syncopated beats quicker. Really though, my main goal is work through the lead lessons. I’ve done many of them previously, in a random order with no follow up practice. I know better now lol

Well done :sign_of_the_horns:t2::fire:
1000092927

1000071121

Welcome to the community Paul!

Hello Paul & Welcome!!!
I hope you have loads of fun with guitar in general & your new fuzz in particular!!!
By the way, what’s your preferred guitar & amp?

Tod from New Mexico

Welcome Paul

Oasis and Green Day work for me. I’m looking forward to seeing you post covers of their songs.

I’ve an Orange Micro, which sounds great over the speaker but I don’t get to play it so much as so loud. I general use a Spark Go for headphone practice.

Fave guitar is an Epi LP Standard from last year. I really don’t see how a Gibson could be 3 grand better than the recent Epiphones.

I’m working on a short recording right now. I’m not really a singer like many of the folks here so won’t be full cover for the sake of boredom, but I do learn the full songs, its probably the standout advice from all Justin’s videos.

1 Like

Welcome to the community Paul, I look forward to hearing some of your recordings!

Welcome aboard Paul!:slightly_smiling_face:

Hello!

Wow, I’ve been stuck in social media for too long, I’ve missed real people responding

I went and posted something, not perfect but seal is now broken

1 Like

Hi Paul, welcome to the community.

1 Like

Hello Payl.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community.

Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space. View by Categories.

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the Community Etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

If you want to record yourself to show your progress and / or seek feedback there is our ever popular Community Recordings section.

Behind the scenes there is a small and dedicated team who work to make the JustinGuitar experience as good as it can be. Check out the Onboarding sessions provided by Fanny.

Justin also has a small group of Approved Teachers he recommends for people wanting 1-to-1 lessons to supplement his courses - of which I am privileged to be one.

We also host regular (virtual) JustinGuitar Community Open Mic events for community members.

That is plenty to be going on with. It is a vast community space so if you need help as you find your way around just ask.

Cheers. Richard
| Approved Teacher & Official Guide / Moderator |
:grinning:

1 Like