Hello from Portugal, my name is Francisco

Hello everyone, so short story;
My name is Francisco (Chico for short) and I’m 29 y/o, living in Portugal :portugal:
I’ve been wanting to play the guitar, in particular the electric, since forever! I finally managed to buy a beginner’s bundle from Thomman, it included a Harley Benton ST-20HSS Standard, a cute little Harley Benton HB-10G amp and some other stuff.

Since I know nothing about guitar and I never had one in my hands, while I waited for my bundle to arrive I decided to look for online lessons and discovered JustinGuitar!
I’ve had my guitar for 2 days and just learned how to tune (I think it’s in tune!) and the first couple of chords (D and A?)

Currently practicing on moving between those 2 chords and working on getting past finger pain!
Hopefully in 2046 i’ll be able to play some of my favourite songs, such as Confortably Numb by Pink Floyd.

Thank you for taking the time to read and see you soon! :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum Chico. You can’t get any better lesson on the net than Justin’s

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Chico. :slight_smile:

The finger pain does take a few weeks to pass, so do stick with it and you have found the best place to learn the guitar.

Remember, have fun.

1 Like

@stitch
:rofl:
Guess you ment car’nt get better
mike

And welcome Chico

If you need help all try .

Mike

1 Like

Good catch but it looks like you spell as good as I so. :rofl:

3 Likes

Hello :wave:t2: Chico & Welcome!!!
When you mentioned the gear package you have, I’m wondering if you have any type of digital tuner? If you don’t, that would be a good idea for your next purchase! There are several different ways to tune up, but a digital tuner - either a clip on variety or even an app on a smartphone makes it relatively easy to get & keep your guitar in tune! There are a bunch of mnemonics for remembering the string names, one that Justin recommends is:
Eddie
Ate
Dynamite
Good
Bye
Eddie
Hope this helps!!!
Good Luck :four_leaf_clover:

Tod

2 Likes

Francisco :smiling_face:. Welcome to Justin Guitar’s Community :guitar::tada::tada::sparkles:

1 Like

Hi Chico, nice to meet you. Good luck with your guitar learning journey. Stick with it and I’m sure Justin will have you playing songs way before 2046.
Best wishes,
Alan

3 Likes

Hi Chico,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome Choco! You’ve found a great place to learn. Wish you lots of fun with exploring the new gear!

1 Like

Welcome Chico, Nice to have you onboard.
Enjoy your new gear and the new journey :+1:
A

1 Like

Welcome! And +1 on you getting onto exciting pieces well before 2026. Have a great time getting to know your new gear. Wish you the best as you start up with the classes on Justin Guitar.

1 Like

Hey Chico, welcome to the community. Look forward to hearing more from you

1 Like

A journey of 1000 miles starts with one step. Have fun! :+1: :guitar: :portugal:

1 Like

Hey Chico
Nice to meet you and welcome :smiling_face:
Your enthusiasm really shines through! :smiley:
You’re in great company here and Justin is an amazing teacher :slight_smile:
:sunflower:

1 Like

Francisco that’s fun to say ! “Francisco “
Welcome Francisco that is a line out of my favorite movie.

1 Like

Welcome Chico. You are in the right place to learn.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!
Still trying to improve moving between the first 2 chords i’ve learned. Finger pain still a issue, but with small pauses in between practices chord changes makes it easier to support the pain.
Having a blast so far :smiley:

It may take to 2046 for both of us to do the Gilmore solos, but trust me, you’ll have the tools to do the rhythm within the next few months. I’m working on that now.

Bm, A, G, Em, D, C and a little work on strumming and you’ll be able to at least amaze yourself at how it will sound. It is attainable Chico! Sooner than you may think. You’ll have all the open chords with the exception of the Bm barr chord by the end of Beginner Grade 1.

Also included in the Justin Lessons and Songs Android application. Or by using the Tabs feature on the web site. Both are great subscriptions and help a lot!

1 Like