Hello from Rachel in Slough, England (SL1)

Hi all, I’ve not been on here in a couple of years and stopped learning too.

I really want to learn but want to learn with someone. I feel this might help with discipline and continued learning.

If there’s someone withinin walking distance of SL1 region who would like to study together and possibly record our progress too. Please feel free to reply or PM me.

R. Hollis

3 Likes

Hi Rachel,
Welcome here in the new environment then, and hopefully you will keep it up now,…no idea what that…SL1… means so it must not be in my area,…i wish you a lot of fun and perseverance :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello Rachael and welcome back to our community. :slight_smile:

I hope you find a jam buddy but in the mean time just try and set yourself 20 minutes a day to do some practice.

@roger_holland Rogier, it is part of a UK postcode.

2 Likes

Hi Rachel, having been in your ‘where to sell a guitar’ topic I thought I see if you had introduced yourself and where you were.
Lo and behold, here you are.
Welcome to the community (again). :slight_smile:
Good luck also in finding others to learn and play with in Slough.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi There Rachel,
Not quite walking distance but I’m certainly not a million miles away, GU19 for reference. I’m also at a point where connecting with someone to jam with I feel would give me a huge benefit.
I’m consolidating grade 2 at the moment to give some context of my level. If interested drop me a DM and let’s have a chat?
Cheers - Mark.

2 Likes

Yep, here I is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mark, yes, a little bit of a long walk lol. I don’t drive so distance is an issue. I’m not surprised that I hadn’t got a reply here really. I must admit it would be so helpful to have someone to join in, hey ho , maybe in the future. I have to start from scratch anyway…

1 Like

Hello Rachel, and Welcome back :hugs:.
I wish you lots of fun along your restarted guitar journey :grinning:.

1 Like

Hi Rachel,
If you don’t mind catching the train, there’s a very friendly jam group in Reading that I used to go to.

It’s on MeetUp. Let me know if you are interested and I will send you the details.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Not meaning to hijack but that’s of interest to me Keith. Would you mind sharing please?
Thanks! :+1:

Sure:

Tell Anne I sent you!.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Thanks Keith, I’ll keep you posted! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi majik, sure please let me have the detail. Not sure how often I’ll be able to make it but I’ll see.
Thanks
R.

Hi Rachel,
I posted the link to the group above.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Long way ahead of me lol. Also GU19 eek. Rough journey for foot passenger but thanks for the heads up though.

1 Like

I drive Rachel so as you keep on progressing feel free to get in touch if you fancy.

1 Like

Hi Rachel just wanted to day Hi and welcome back :wave: Sadly I’m across the channel in Normandie.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome, Rachel! Glad to have you here, and wish you success not only in your guitar journey, but also in finding someone to play with!

1 Like