Hello from Rinka in Tokyo

Welcome. Dire Straits. Is there anything more to say? Superb.

1 Like

Welcome, Rinka.

I’m also in the computer field (software developer). I lived in Sagamihara for three years, but that was in the late 80s (I was a teenager back then).

Glad you could join us!

1 Like

Hi doubeA!

Thank you for the kind reply!
I would very much like to play and sing the music i love most but alas aren’t they difficult :melting_face:

1 Like

Hi,
Late 80s, you must have seen some pretty crazy stuff haha!
Looking forward to experiencing this place :blush:

Hello Rinka, welcome to the community. Justin doesn’t teach computer coding or computer science, but he is always talking about the best tricks to programming your brain to play guitar - the Justin learning algorithm. That is why he says practice slowly so you don’t introduce errors in the learning process, then you have to play the same thing twenty times to overwrite the error. So slow is the way to go. Have fun learning and soon you’ll find finger picking will be “coded” into your brain and you’ll play fingerstyle without even having to think. Have fun.
(FYI - I searched and found that I had gotten this from Justin’s lesson on The Power of Slow Learning at the beginning of Module 18 in Grade 3 )

1 Like

Welcome. I remember trying to learn Fortran IV in college using punch cards. Computer programming was definitely NOT my thing! :laughing:

1 Like

Hello Steve,

That is a very nice way of describing Justin’s method, well phrased!
I feel lucky that Justin is my first teacher on learning guitar, I learn skills and I enjoy. I love it when he shares his own life inspiration, he certainly teaches more than guitar! Him teaching guitar is also sharing generously a rare, valuable and lively philosophy.

2 Likes

Hello Rinka and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Dire Straits are a great group, that have done some cracking songs.

1 Like

Welcome aboard Rinka!! Great to have you here with us all on the never-ending journey of learning Guitar. You’ll find lots of great info and support here from a terrific bunch of people. Enjoy! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Rinka.
:sunglasses:

Hello Rinka. Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. I’m arriving late to the hello and welcome party. The Community is large, as is the website. If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.

1 Like