Hello from rlfrye - a noob with a new guitar needing help

Hello! I am a 60 yr. old guitar noob. My disabled wife, Da Boss, recently took an interest in re-learning piano. I got her a keyboard for Christmas. She asked what I wanted, and I said get me a guitar.

My dream is to enjoy music with her, and my youngest son, who also plays guitar. Looking forward to the ride.

13 Likes

Damn! That’s cool! Welcome!

Welcome. Very cool that you’re making it a family affair.

That’s awesome! Congrats and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Good for you, Mr. Frye! You and your wife should be great at supporting each other while you work through the painful early days of your learning journeys!

That’s so awesome, you both doing that together!

That’s exciting that you can look forward to playing with family members! I’m 65, have been at it for a year and a half, and got my son an entry-level guitar this Christmas (he’s played a bit in the past). Think it’s a good way for us in the older generations to keep family time spirited and learning things together too. Have a great time!

1 Like

Welcome. I started 10 years ago at the age of 53, the beginner section here at Justin Guitar made a huge difference / help. I never regret learning to play, it’s worth every bit of effort it takes and to get started I only played 15 minutes a day.

Thanks everybody, Da Boss and I practiced a little today, it sounded bad but felt great.

1 Like

Welcome Randal, what a fine trio you will make. I wish you the happy realization of your dream and a whole lot more.

Warm welcome to the Community, Randal. Wonderful to have music as a family adventure. Follow Grade 1 and you’ll soon be playing songs together.

Hello and welcome Randal. All beginners need help and the community is full of supportive people who know those footsteps.
:slight_smile:

Hello Randal and welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Sounds pretty cool that you and your wife will be able to bang out some tunes.

Hi, you’ve come to the right place to learn. Just start at the beginners course and follow it along. I did it two years ago and it works, enjoy!

Happy wife, happy life !! And happy Randal by the sounds of it, Welcome ! :sunglasses: