Hello from Roger in Fairview Park, Ohio

Hi, I’m Roger from Fairview Park, Ohio. I’m an old guy (74) who’s two years and three guitars into actually learning to play guitar instead of playing around with my guitar. I’ve owned one guitar or another since fourth grade when I took my first guitar lessons. That lasted about a year, at which time I had learned a few basic chords and notes on the fretboard. Then school, sports, girls, job, wife, and family got in the way. I decided to try again in 2008, bought a Fender acoustic, took a few lessons, and shortly thereafter severely broke my left wrist on my job. I picked it back up when the pandemic hit and became intent on becoming an actual player/musician who can pick up a guitar and jam alongside other players. So, I’m currently into grade three beginner course. Making great progress thanks to JG.

7 Likes

Hi Roger, welcome to the community.

3 Likes

@RJBOZ

Welcome to the community Roger. Good to have you here with us and wonderful to hear that your making great progress.

@DavidP @Richard_close2u might be worth moving Roger’s post to the introduce yourself section so that he can get a good old proper welcoming from the community members.

3 Likes

Hi Roger, welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome Roger :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome to the mad house sir !
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Roger,
Welcome ,and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier…
Roger out… :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the welcoming replies. I’m looking forward to getting to know you all and talking everything guitar!

2 Likes

Hey Roger, great stuff. Nice to hear you are making progress. Keep up the effort, the reward is so very worth it.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Roger

2 Likes

As one old guy (I’m 75) to another. Welcome to the club.

2 Likes

Hello Roger and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Life is a right pain of getting in the way of playing your guitar.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, looking forward to talking with all of you!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Roger!

1 Like

Hi Roger, and welcome.
Remember, like a good wine we just get better with age! Enjoy.

2 Likes

Hello Roger, I love it when mature learners come on the guitar train. What a shame you had an injury that stopped your progress for a while. It seems you’re right back on it now though. All power to your elbow!
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like

Thanks! My wife of 51yrs might take issue with the “mature” label though.:grin:

2 Likes

51 years together - wow, congrats.
And, check here: Older guitar students - can 'old dogs' learn new tricks?

1 Like

Hello Roger. Welcome to the community. I’m 67 and in Grade 3, so it is alway good to see another “old dog” that is learning new guitar tricks. Happy to hear that you have made a renewed commitment to gain some mastery of this instrument that can give both frustration (occasionally) and joy.

2 Likes

Welcome Roger

Your story is so like mine except the hand braking bit

2 Likes