Hello from Rudi, Sweden

Hey there!!!

Just moved here from Florida. Living near Örebro and like you said I have always had a guitar around but lately just picked it up again.

Where do you live in Sweden? I to enjoy many styles, Country, Blues, Rock, Alternative and Metal. Would love to hear from you. Hopefully we can talk soon.

1 Like

welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Rudi and glad to hear you’ve cleaned the dust off that beautiful guitar. In answer to your question the first five songs I learned to play from memory are
Me and Charlie
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Brown Eyed Girl
The First Cut is the Deepest
Heart of Gold

Justin has lessons on all of the above :slight_smile:

Happy playing!

2 Likes

Hi Rudi. Your story seems very familiar as I’m 66 and working on the same things as you. I love Sweden (only visited in the warm, sunny summer) and one of my life-long friends lives outside of Lund. Anyway, as a Rolling Stones fan one of their fun songs I learned to play early on is Dead Flowers. Also, you might take a look at Justin’s Strumming SOS courses. They cost a little money, but I took the first two and it’s really helping my rhythm work become more consistent and interesting. Have fun!

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Rudi! :smiley:

Wish you lots of fun on your guitar journey! :slight_smile:

Regards the first 5 songs I could play from memory, it’s quite hard to recall for my first trial in my teenage years, but for my second attempt they were: Ring of Fire, Redemption Song, Talkin’ about a revoltion, Mercedes Benz and Wild Rover.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Rudi

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Rudi! I don’t remember for certain what my first 5 were, but looking back at my beginners song book they included Three Little Birds, Hound Dog, & The Gambler.

1 Like

Hi Rudi,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome to the community Rudi. You tell an oh so familiar story ! I took the same route as you and also found Justin late 2012 and have recently moved to France didn’t really get going until the following year. Certainly no regrets so happy to hear you’ve restarted, as the new Grades and content goes way beyond the old Classic BC the books are based on.
Just wish Justin had been around in 96!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Ha! That’s nothing! I got my first guitar in 1976, and I completed Justin’s Beginner Course earlier this year (which I guess makes me officially an intermediate learner now! :grin:) so I’ve been a beginner for 48 years!

1 Like

Hi Rudy, welcome to the community forum. Your story is very familiar. I got my first guitar in 1974 or 1975. I was a beginner open chord strumming for 40+ years. If you follow Justin’s new course and have fun playing every day you will eventually grow from beginner to intermediate guitar. Rock on and have fun.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, great to hear of your recent progress.

1. Blowin in the wind
  2. Lakes of Pontchartrain
  3. City of New Orleans
  4. Time of your life
  5. Wonderful tonight

That’s to the best of my recollection. Very confident of the first 3, not 100% sure of the last 2.

1 Like

I live in Södertälje which is about 30 kilometres from Stockholm. How did you end up in Sweden?

Thanks! :blush:

Thank you. I’ll definitely check out those songs. :blush:

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the tip about the strumming SOS.

Thank you. :smiling_face:

1 Like

I must say I’ve been a little overwhelmed about the response on my introduction. :sweat_smile:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!:sunglasses:

This is going to be so fun!

1 Like

Met a girl … lol, and here I am! Love it here actually.

1 Like

Hello Rudi.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

I can’t remember haha :wink:
Two of them - learned from the boyfriend of my sister:
David Bowie - Sorrow
Tim Hardin - If I Were A Carpenter

Richard
:grinning:

1 Like