Hello from Ryan Rkr87 in the UK!

Just dropping in to say hi! After being inspired by some fingerstyle guitarists I saw on YouTube (Eddie Van Der Meer & Luca Stricagnoli) I decided to pick up guitar in mid-November.

I’m almost done with the Grade 1 course (will be doing the consolidation module on Saturday) and loving it! My playing still sounds kind of (very) rough but that isn’t taking away from my enjoyment!

I did “try” teaching myself guitar around 20~ years ago so didn’t come in to this completely blind, not that I remember much of what I previously learnt. Huge thank you to @JustinGuitar - The free structured content is helping me leaps and bounds over the way I tried to learn back then (watching random videos of songs I liked). I feel like I’m learning to play guitar, rather than learning to play songs.

I’m planning to post a learning log after I’ve finished with the consolidation module before heading in to Grade 2!

7 Likes

Hi Ryan

Sounds like you are making good progress and have a good attitude to succeed, Take your time with consolidation, try to play as many songs as possible and be honest with yourself. Don’t forget there will be plenty of encouragement and feedback if and when you are ready to share recordings.

Cheers

Toby

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome, Rkr87! Justins course is a godsend to those of us who tried to learn some time ago but got nowhere.
Looking forward to reading your Learning Log.

1 Like

Hi Ryan nice to meet you. Good to hear you’re making good progress. I’ve been trying to consolidate grade 1 for a couple of months now but feel I need to put in a lot of extra work on my strumming before I move on. Good luck with your consolidation :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome Ryan and good to have you onboard the Justin Guitar learning experience!

1 Like

Hi Ryan,
Looks like you’re well on your way and doing ok ! Your ideas and approach sound good, looking forward to hearing you playing!

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Ryan, you’re in the right place.

The Learning Log is a great idea. So helpful to look back on progress, especially when suffering a moment of doubt when struggling with something new.

A couple of regular old hands recommended making and sharing recordings. I’d support that. Invaluable to get the feedback and encouragement.

1 Like

Hi and welcome Ryan. I echo the sentiments of creating a learning log. It will help inspire you if you hit a roadblock by reinforcing how far you’ve come. When the time is right for you, post up some of your playing.

1 Like

Hello Ryan. Welcome and good luck with your guitar journey.

1 Like

A very warm welcome Ryan.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Ryan, welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Lots to learn here and lots to make you smile as well. Enjoy the journey.

1 Like