Hello from Shell in Herefordshire, England

I spent most of my childhood in Swinton, so know the East Lancs very well. Have not had time to be bored being retired. I was 9 in '76 too.

Re: @Shell Hey, i’m a girl, i like pretty guitars!

It has nothing to do with being a girl. I’m a boy and I like pretty guitars, too.
I have a HoneyBurst LP that makes me smile every time I pick to up to play.

2 Likes

Hi Shell,

Welcome to the community not been active here myself long like you took the plunge to say hi and now also need to be brave and post something of me playing or should I say attempting to play, :roll_eyes: hope to see you post some thing soon.

A

1 Like

Hello Amanda. Thank you for the welcome. Lovely to hear from you. I am a bit shy about my playing. If I’m asked to play anything other than at home i instantly forget everything! I am looking to get an upgraded acoustic and i don’t know what to get (so many guitars…) so i’ve become a regular visitor to my local guitar shop and i sit in there and just play, trying to choose and to get more confident in public. I saw in another post that you were looking at looper pedals. Did you get one? I’m looking at those too. Shell

1 Like

Hi Shell.
Welcome from a fellow Herefordian. Looking forward to seeing your videos :blush:

1 Like

Hi Shell, your welcome. No unfortunately had to spend some of the money for the looper peddle on the car service that was more expensive than I expected, well gives me a bit more time to decide and practice other stuff.
Know the feeling as I said in my introduction post got given a guitar by a friend said you play and mind went blank so know exactly how you feel.
Good that you can go to your local guitar shop and feel welcome to play and try mine is really not that sort of place feel so unconfutable in there and as welcome as a hand grenade.
Let us know what you decide on and hopefully see you post something I also still not done this so working on building courage also take care. A

2 Likes

Hi Julie, thanks for the message. I saw your video and was well impressed. Well done! You have a lovely voice and i haven’t heard that song for ages so it was good to hear it again. You’ve made loads of progress with your guitar since you started. Very impressive. Keep on strumming. :grin:

2 Likes

(Slightly belated) welcome, Shell! Your story sounds absolutely fantastic. And as I fan of logging myself, I love that that you log what you do on guitar :sweat_smile: Hope you’re coming along with Justin’s courses!

Oh and P.S. like @nhh2oskr I’m a boy and appreciate pretty guitars as well :smile: I’m guessing the blue one is the one we can see a little of in your banner picture, that does look like a lovely shade!

Yep that’s Funtime Fendi my Fender Strat. Tidepool blue. Gorgeous. Matching strap too you may have noticed! :grinning: I also have a lovely Lag, a few years old but prettier than the ones they make today imho! I also have a beautiful classical. He’s Mr. Rufus Rusty. What have you got? I’m so enjoying Justin’s stuff. My improvising is defo better. I used to be scared of it but i actually enjoy it now. Nothing complicated or fancy but i can do nice, melodic stuff now. Well, i went on a bit there didn’t i?! Sorry! :hushed::hushed:

1 Like

Hi Shell! (great name by the way! My wife’s is the same :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sweat_smile:)

Just catching up on this one, relatively new to the forum :wink:

100% hearing you on that! Find it super tough too! :confounded: Love to hear if you’re making progress? Will be focusing on this more as I move further through Justin’s course.

I love your guitar names, those are really fun and original! :smiley: And no, I hadn’t noticed that the strap colour matched as well!! Have you posted pics of your other 2 guitars here somewhere?

I have a Washburn X-Series. It’s starburst-pattern coloured (I think that’s what it’s called)? I’ve been intending to post a pic of it here at some point :sweat_smile:

Glad to hear you’re doing better with your improvising! I always found that a blast as well.

Keep on keepin’ on! Looking forward to hearing about how you progress