Hello from Steve in the west coast of Canada

I climbed aboard a couple days ago. I tried guitar when I was around 12 but it didn’t stick. I received a Enya Nova Go acoustic guitar as a early father’s day present (I selected it as I have small hands so I thought a 1/2 size guitar would be easier on me). I’m getting up there as I am 74 but still love learning and so I am working on the diatonic harmonica, ukulele, and guitar at the same time.
JustinGuitar seems like a good fit for me as he is extremely thorough.
I am looking forward to the experience.
Cheers
Steve

17 Likes

Welcome aboard, Steve!
Glad you found this great space to support you on your guitar-learning-adventure! :slight_smile:
Wish you loads of fun while exploring and learning guitar among the other two instruments.

Cheers - Lisa

Steve, welcome to the community. I think that harmonica and ukelele are complementary to guitar, so have fun learning all three. I saw that Justin has some song lessons for ukelele on the website and Justin also plays the harmonica as you can see on the “Heart of Gold” song video on the website. Have fun learning songs.

Hey Steve, welcome to the community. Rock on

Welcome, Steve. I think it’s great you’re learning 3 instruments at once! I’d love to learn harmonica myself.

Welcome Steve. You’ve come to the right place

Hey Steve
Welcome to the Community :slight_smile:
I love the uke too (so fun!) Enjoy! :smiley:

Hi Steve,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun with it all :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

Welcome aboard Steve. I picked up an acoustic guitar at age 66, and after three years, I know three songs (fingerpicker). I also know this: it’s the most fun I’ve had in years.

Hello Steve, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:.
I’ve also thought of learning to play the harmonica, too, as I love Bruce Springsteen songs. And he’s using a harmonica quite often. I just don’t know, whether my brain will be able to cope with an additional instrument :sweat_smile:.
I wish you lots of fun along your musical journey :smiley:.

Welcome Steve, never to late to start.

Thanks everyone for your kind welcome. I do appreciate it. I been learning harmonica for 8 months now and ukulele for 3 1/2 months. Like most baby boomers am from the 60 and 70s music generation. On harmonica I am working at playing the blues and on ukulele I am following a course learning American classic songs. I am working on Little Brown Jug. Plan to try all the same songs on the guitar. First I got to get beyond learning to play a clean A chord. :grin:

Hello and welcome to our community Steve. :slight_smile:

I was only chatting to my wife this weekend about wanting to also learn the harmonica. Enjoy.

Hi Steve, welcome. Enjoy playing your musical instruments.

Welcome Steve. It’s great to have you here sharing this musical journey with us all. :nerd_face::+1:

Welcome to the community, Steve :wave:

Welcome to the Community Steve.
:sunglasses:

Hello Steve. Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. I’m arriving late to the hello and welcome party. By now you have been playing for a while - I hope you’ve made progress and are bonding with your guitar.
The Community is large, as is the website. If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.