Hello from the land down under, I'm Stephen

Thanks Lisa.

1 Like

Hello Tod.
Thank you for the great advice. I’ve been managing about an hour a day since I bought the guitar, I’m already finding it very addictive. I’ve had a quick look on line and am amazed at the amount of information, songs TABs etc. I’m very enthusiastic at the moment.

Steve

1 Like

Hi Tony
Thanks the welcome. I’m also in NSW, the Blue Mountains/Penrith area. My local Shed is Nepean Mens Shed. We have about 100 members. A few of them decided to get together for a jam session a while ago. When I heard about it I thought wow I would love to get involved in this. So here I am, looking forward to playing the guitar. Rumour has it that we have a very good base player in our group. My first ‘session’ with them is next week. Hopefully I will have recovered from this damn flu by then.

Steve

1 Like

Hi Steve.
Thanks for the welcome.

That’s awesome. Go the blues!!! If you are into camping, there’s a jamming campers group on fb that’s based on the mid north coast, they have gatherings at places like St Albans and just had one at Bellingin which I had to miss as I got covid. I’ve jammed with them as well at the Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass festival. All good sorts.

Hi Tony.
I see you’ve been playing for about ten years, when did you feel confident enough to join in with the jamming sessions? And one other question for you, where is the best place to go for the guitar TABs. I’ve seen lots of places on the web and am totally confused! I don’t mind paying for them as well, but songster need a monthly subscription which I’m not particularly interested in.
Steve

1 Like

After around six months or so from memory. It might have been as long as nine months. I remember the first song I led in a jam was Let it be and I know that wasn’t the first song I’d learned.

Guitar tabs can be a challenge. Typically I google “ chords” and look at the first five or so answers that come up. I often use the ones on Ultimate Guitar but with any of the free (and probably same for the paid ones), they can be pretty inaccurate.

Learning to play with a capo is your biggest friend once you start singing.

Welcome Steve. This is great place and JG lessons are good so good luck and be sure to ask if you have anything you need help with. There are plenty of people here that are happy to help. :+1:

Hi Steve :bangbang: Welcome in the group :bangbang: A very nice community. Supportive. Always positive attitude. And you will see Justin is a very good teacher. Impressed. Enjoy the ride and welcome again :partying_face: :champagne: :grinning: :bangbang:

Hello Steve, from a country up over ? As a frog I dare to be imaginative!

I’m still dreaming that one day I’ll be able to visit your incredible country.

Welcome aboard, we’re all friendly here, whatever directions our heads are pointing to!

1 Like

Hiya buddy :smiley:

Ok, Thanks for that Tony.

1 Like

G’day Aaron, thanks for the welcome.

1 Like

Hi Gyall.
Thanks for the welcome. You are more than welcome to visit us down here, leave it for little bit longer though, it’s a bit cold down here at the moment.
Steve

1 Like

Hi BigLuc.
Thanks very much for the warm welcome, looking forward to the months and years ahead as I progress.
Steve

1 Like

Hi CD02
Thank you for the warm welcome, looking forward to progressing.
Steve

Hi Stephen.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning:

welcome Stephen, I am also living in the land down under in Loftus NSW. Cheers Tom

Hello Richard.
Thanks for the welcome. I’m gradually working my way around the website and forums. What a great place you have here. Looking forward to progressing in my learning endeavours. Thanks again.
Steve

Hello Tom.
You’re nearly a neighbour!!! I used to live down Wollongong way in my younger days, often travelling to the big smoke via loftus. Changed a lot nowadays though. Thanks for the welcome, I see you are a beginner too. One of my regrets in life was that I didn’t get around to learning a musical instrument, so here we go finally giving it a go.
Steve