Hello from Western MA

Hello! I’m Rob. I’m 32 and live in Western Massachusetts.

I started Justin Guitar in early pandemic times, where I picked up an acoustic guitar. Justin was a big help from the start in teaching fundamentals.

Last year my life got a bit rough for a while. That time has passed, but it took a lot of work to get there. To help get through it, I brought myself an electric guitar and rapidly took off playing 60-90 minutes a day. So while I was playing a good bit before, in the last 18 months, guitar has become a major anchor, huge stress relief, and creative outlet.

My current guitar goals are to continue to find people to play music with, work on being able to write songs, and grow in my improvisation and rhythm guitar skills.

Why am I here specifically? I want to start talking to other people more about guitar and music, and have something to do online that is guitar related that isn’t just researching which guitar pedals are on sale :slight_smile:

Thanks for listening, thanks for understanding - look forward to getting to know you all a little bit better.

14 Likes

Welcome to theforum Rob

Welcome aboard, Rob! :smiley:

Glad you stopped by and said Hi. You’re in good company here. :slight_smile:

It’s great to see how playing guitar can be a true help in life. Music is something amazing. Keep my fingers crossed you find some folks to jam with.

Lots of fun on the journey! :smiley:

Cheers - Lisa

Welcome to the forum. You are certainly proof of what I say to a lot of beginners, the rewards are huge when you stick to it.

Hi Rob - good to have you here. No shortage of chatting here, but I can’t guarantee you won’t still want that pedal!
cheers
Paul.

Exactly, there might even be some chatting about which pedals are on sale here in the community :grin:

Hi Rob - nice to meet you! Glad you discovered the forum.

Franz

Welcome to the forum Rob, from the land of Oz!
You’ve landed in the right place here mate, both for guitar development, and for engaging with other cool cats. It really is a special community here.
Glad to hear you got through your tough times recently. The guitar certainly can be an oasis in an upside down world.
So hook in, reach out any time, and enjoy.

All the best.

Cheers, Shane

Hi Rob,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

You have found the right place to talk about guitar and everything around it, including chit-chat about life in general with all the fun and BEEP … not so fun things. :wink:

Greetings,Rogier

Hello Rob and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

It is great how guitar takes away all you stress and worries for a while.

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the community nice to find you have had found your catalyst to catapult you forward enjoy :love_you_gesture:
A

Cool Cats? Did someone call me out???
No?
Oh, well since I’m here… LOL

Hi Rob & Welcome!!!
I think you will find lots of fun & engaging “musicians” here who really enjoy talking about loads of guitar related stuff!!! Techniques, guitars, gear……. It’s a pretty cool Community!
Have lots of fun on your musical journey!!! :metal:t2:

Tod

1 Like

Welcome Rob. You are in the right place to learn and communicate with like minded others.

Welcome from Eastern MA!
Enjoy your journey,
Ed

Bob, welcome to the community forum, Happy that you found Justin Guitar and have developed a love of playing guitar. Guitar really is a great stress reliever and creative outlet. I hope you can find a lot of songs that inspire you and let you just have fun playing.

Hi Rob, welcome. Good you’re having the chance to play at least one hour per day. It surely can help you with advancing your guitar skills faster. Good luck with your songwriting. Have fun.

Hi Rob from W MA, this is Alejandro from SE MA. Nice to meet you.