Hello here’s Katie from Germany =)

Hello everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m Katie, 38 years old, from Germany and started my guitar journey in October 2021.
Just 2 or 3 days after I got my first acoustic guitar (Sigma JM-SGE+) I started with Justins App and it’s so much fun! :star_struck:
In the beginning it was really hard for me to stop practicing after 30 Minutes. Playing guitar relaxes me and gives me a time out.

Currently I’m in Grade 2 and it is slowly becoming more difficult, especially the F Chord.

I like different styles of music (Alternative Rock, Pop-Rock, Indie-Rock, Hard-rock, Post-Punk, Blues, sometimes Nu Metal,…).

On Christmas I performed “How to save a life” and “Cool kids” in front of my family and it was soo cool. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’m really happy about this new community!
If you have any questions, feel free and ask!

See you around!

11 Likes

Welcome to the community Katie

Congratulations, that’s great. Don’t despair over the f chord, when I started playing I was determined to stick with the full barre F chord and it took a while to sound good (months for me) but now years later I’m so glad I did, it opens up so many possibilities with other barre chords

1 Like

Hi Katie good to have you here, enjoy the ride and if anything give the Community a shout and we are all here to support each other :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Community Kaite,

Sounds like you are making good progress and a family performance to boot !! Congrats.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Hallo und herzlich willkommen Katie :slightly_smiling_face:

Sounds like you’re having a great time learning and with a positive attitude like that you have nothing to worry about. Don’t rush and enjoy the ride!

Welcome to the Community, Katie. Sounds like you are making great progress. Keep at it and I look forward to hearing you play.

Hello Katie, a very warm welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Hello Katie and welcome. :slight_smile:

Great to hear that you played in front of your family. What a buzz.

Hi Katie,
greetings from Thuringia and welcome!
It took me several years to perform in front of my loved ones, so you have all my respect for your achievement so far. Stick to it, it’ll be more relaxing and calming with every little tweak you learn when you start to navigate more comfortable around the fretboard.
Best,
M

1 Like

Hallo Katie, ein herzliches Willkommen in der Community!
Schön zu hören, dass du vor deiner Familie gespielt hast.

:grinning::+1::love_you_gesture:t2:

1 Like

Hi Katie, welcome. Good you have been confident in your skills to play for your family. Big progress. :clap:

Hi and welcome!
The F chord (and all the other E shape barres) are totally worth it! :smiley: