Hello - Husain from Detroit

Hello folks!
My name is Husain and I’m currently living in Detroit, MI, USA. I’ve been playing guitar for a few months now, using JustinGuitar as my main learning source. God bless Justin and his team!

About my “why”:
Over the last year, I’ve made so many positive life shifts in the area of self-love, self-trust, and self-respect. With that, I’ve realized that my life mission is to inspire others in this area. I started exploring this by delving into poetry and art. Then I realized my destiny was to convey the message via music…but I didn’t play anything, but I can sing :slight_smile:
So, I picked up to guitar around May this year so I would be able to have a chance to preach the message of self-love in a beautiful way. My mission is that the heartstrings of every human should ring true with the music of self-love. It’s a lofty mission and I’m quite a beginner, but I have all my life to work at it :slight_smile:

Here is one of my original songs I’ve written with only the E and the A chord. I hope you like it! It is titled “I crashed upon a riverbank”
https://youtu.be/q1U4C_XSBXk

12 Likes

@hofwonder I really enjoy the narrative aspect of your song. I also like that you kept your chords simple so it could be a campfire song. :smiley:
Your goal to help others through music is very noble!

2 Likes

Very good for your stage of the learning path to play guitar! Sensible choice of simple chords, nice lyrics and melody; well done!

2 Likes

Hello Husain,
And a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.

Thanks a lot for your introduction. It’s so interesting to learn about the different motivations of other community members :grinning:.

Wow, just few months along your guitar journey and already writing your own songs. That’s fantastic :star_struck:.

I wish you lots of joy with your learning as well as your music and mission :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome! I enjoyed your song…quite amazing after such a short period of learning! :blush: See you around here in the Community!

2 Likes

Wow, what a wonderful story! Welcome to the community, Husain! And fantastic that you’re writing your own songs already :smiling_face: If you can write that good of a song with just 2 chords, I can’t wait to hear what you’ll be able to do with a full palette! :smiley:

1 Like

Cool stuff. Welcome. like you I started in February. I got some really good tips from a video I did with regards to my strumming and rhythm. For a beginner like me trying to teach myself it greatly helped me improve.

1 Like

@suzieq @DarrellW @NicoleKKB @SILVIA @ardemenz @JasonBuk, thanks much for your welcome, support, and comments on the song. It means alot!

1 Like

@JasonBuk, which video are you talking about? Can you share a link?

Hello Husain,
I loved your song! Beautiful lyrics and you have a beautiful voice!
That’s a very worthy mission :orange_heart:

1 Like

Here are the links to my videos. And I hope I’m doing this right. It is definitely worth it to do a video. After reviewing the responses I spent six weeks just practicing my technique with strumming, rhythm, Hammer-ons stuff like that. And it really has helped. Learning The basic things that I sort of ignored because I just wanted to learn songs in the beginning.

Welcome along for the ride Husain, I really enjoyed reading of your positive life changes. Keeping yourself happy and sane has to be priority 1 and increasingly it isn’t so good on you.
And well done on your song, I hadn’t entertained doing my own song after only a few months!!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip @JasonBuk, I will post a video of me playing so I can get feedback.

Thanks for the welcome @Notter and @JasmineJ! Really glad to be here and to connect with folks who love JustinGuitar. My favorite Justin quote is “Be cool with …”

1 Like

Hello Husain, what a wonderful wY to introduce yourself to the community. We live in dark times and could all benefit from positivity and light. All power to you and your dreams.
Especial good vibes for creating a song from your first two chords.
A community regular and friend @brianlarsen waited untl he had the D, E, A chords to record his first song, aptly named D.E.A.D haha
:slight_smile:

@Richard_close2u , thanks so much for your warm welcome and support! Dreams are everything!

1 Like

A very warm welcome, Hussain :smiley:
Goodness me, what an ambitious quest!
I’m so happy for you that you have experienced all these positive insights into your life and admire your desire and courage to share them.
Unfortunately, only the very few will be able to produce songs that move the masses by their beauty or message through their musical merit-
BUT we can all be moved by the authenticity of a performer.
This is a great place to hone your skills and develop as a singer-songwriter with a largely supportive audience. Use it well. You’ll need it when you bring your musical message of love to some of the more ‘critical’ social media platforms out there.
The old-timers here will recognize the good vibes you have earned on this one :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wisdom.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Hussain,
Welcome and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
I myself try to live this way… embrace your past, have some dreams in the future but live in the now (I think this is on a lot of calendars etc :laughing: )…in striving for goals in the future most people lose themselves for the now,because how beautiful dreams are they often turn out differently than imagined…sometimes more beautiful…usually a little less, by fully enjoying the now i live it most beautiful at the right time…

so i hope you are living your dream now with your guitar in your hand :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

@brianlarsen, I definitely agree that basing my success or failure on being able to move the masses is a bad idea, but I’ll keep it as a dream and something to keep me inspired. As you mentioned, it also seems to me that live authentic performances are a perfect accessible way to work on my mission/dream.
I appreciate your thoughtful comments.

2 Likes