Hello, I’m Teodor from Bulgaria

Hi all,

I am Teo, I’m 23 years old and I’m from Bulgaria. I began learning guitar about 2 months ago.

I’m a pretty big Pink Floyd fan, although I listen to plenty of other music from that era. My inspiration to start learning guitar is a very particular video on YouTube of Eric Clapton from 2013 where he just plays a few licks on the “Lucy” Les Paul. It’s nothing flattering or crazy, but I found these few licks he played so freaking cool, I just had to get a guitar and start learning.

I learned about JustinGuitar from the countless recommendations on r/guitar on Reddit. So far I’m loving the experience, I like how slowly the lessons start and the way the difficulty progresses though the modules.

I’ve got a pretty basic starter setup - A Harley Benton ST “Strat”, a Harley Benton 20W amp and a Vox Amplug2. I’m happy with my equipment for now, even tho it’s pretty cheap and basic.

(Bit of a cameo from my slippers)

Looking forward to continue this journey!

11 Likes

Welcome to the community Teodor ! You are at the right place to achieve your goals of learning guitar ! Have fun and see you around in the community :slight_smile:

Hi Teo,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses: and a long long time of playing guitar , you’re one of the younger ones here :smiley: :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Teo, welcome to the community forum. Your basic gear setup is all that you need to learn guitar. Have fun learning.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Teo

1 Like

Welcome Teo, you found the right place. Lots to do and plenty to learn.

Take your time and you’ll make great progress.

Record yourself playing, your smart-phone is all you need to monitor how you’re playing is developing.

Most of all, keep having fun … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great advice. Watching recordings of your progress can be quite motivating. I started recordings myself after 2 years and I wish that I had recordings before because the difference would be night and day and very motivating to watch.

1 Like

Hello Teodor, so nice to have you here :hugs:.
I also started with a Harley Benton (acoustic). It’s got a good price-performance-ratio, and was a great beginner’s guitar for me.
I wish you lots of fun with your new six-string-friend :smiley::guitar::+1:.

1 Like

Thank you all for the welcome! Looking forward to seeing you around!

Thanks for the advice! I’ve got a few clips of a lick that I was playing from around 2 weeks ago, and I can definitely tell I became a faster now. My accuracy is still a bit off, but hearing actual progress is super motivating to continue practicing every day. I’ll definitely keep doing that.

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Hi Teo,

Welcome to the community forum. :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome to the community Teo and good luck with your guitar learning journey. :+1:

1 Like

welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Teo! :smiley:

Wish you loads of fun on your guitar journey. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the community Teodor!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Teo.:sunglasses:

Hello Teo.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: