Hello, I need to learn electric guitar,but lack motivation, almost 35 yo

Amen Joshua, although I’m sure I catch my G string glaring at me from time to time…

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I reckon that is often preferable to staring at G strings when cruising the local mall

1 Like

@DavidP :slight_smile: Yes that’s likely to end badly for all concerned!!

Hi Giannis, welcome to the community. What I understand from your topic title and first post is that you want to learn to play your electric guitar, but before committing to the effort of learning the guitar you want to know what it is going to be the output of that effort. The only answer I can have for you is that every minute you spend practicing, following a well structured course like the Justinguitar one is, you will a better guitarist than the minute before. Some progress you won’t notice immediately but it will come in epiphanies when something that you struggled once suddenly is no longer so hard to achieve. Justin has structured his current beginner course in a way that provides more intermediate rewards, so you can play some basic versions of well known songs and riffs while building also your guitar foundations. I wouldn’t center for now in the particulars of how to play an electric guitar but in the common ground of how to play any guitar. I have an electric guitar and an acoustic, and I’ve had classical guitars before, and the foundations for any of them are the same. Later you can dig into certain sounds and the techniques to get them. It will come the day that you will be able to play that song you are dreaming of, but first you have to start with the basics to get there. So just give yourself the gift of having some fun time learning how to play the guitar.

2 Likes

Αnd this is my amplifier and a pedal i got from a friend he doesn’t need anymore. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Where i can find basic setup for my amp?

Don’t worry about the pedal for now, just go for as clean set up so you clearly hear what’s going. Not familiar with the amp model but see it has Over Drive, so set the EQ knobs to 12 o’clock for a start settings. There should be a knob that controls the clean/overdrive mix balance that towards clean. Then adjust the EQ for a clean tone you like as its down to personal choice. Just experiment and see how you get on and talk to your friend, assuming he has used it in anger ?

:sunglasses:

That’s a Samick LG3 10W amp with a 6in speaker. It’s not going to be the best or most inspiring amp to use, but it should do for now. There’s also not much information on how to use this amp.

As @TheMadman_tobyjenner suggests, the best thing to do is to start with the EQ controls to 12 o’clock.

The LG3 has a master control that controls the overall volume level. It also has two gain controls which is pretty unusual. I can only assume these are stacked gain stages.

I would start with both the gain controls right down, and turn up the master to see what you get. You may get nothing until one, or both, of the gain controls are turned up. I would try Gain 1 first. Just turn it up a little bit at a time and try it.

If you get a sound, then experiment with master volume and Gain 1 until you get a clean tone at a sensible volume level. Just strumming a simple chord will be enough at this point.

Then you could try turning up Gain 1 to see if you can get a bit more of a crunch sound. Bear in mind that turning this up will make it louder, so you will probably need to adjust the master level.

Cheers,

Keith

Alright,i will check some guides at youtube and will try to make a sound i can hear clean the chords.I will start with lessons grade 1,when i will not understand something i will ask for help or instructions over here.

Tell me good luck and good start!

3 Likes

Go for it Giannis !
For info, each lesson will have a link to a thread in the forum, so your questions may have been answered before. This will save you time waiting for an answer but don’t be afraid to ask.

For example here are the forum topics covered for Grade 1 Grade 1 links

Hope that helps. Have fun and enjoy your journey.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

I’ll add a good luck and good start for you Giannis. Hope you find the spark I think you’re looking for :slight_smile:

1 Like