Hello, I'm Anders from Sweden

Im 37 years old and have been playing the guitar for a few months.
First time I picked up the guitar I was around 22.

Played for 6months, but struggling to know how to train and what to train so I just stopped. Music is otherwise a big interest.
Listening to music everyday and have been to alot of concerts :slight_smile: . This time im really gonna try and be better at it. Have found that justinsguitar have the best material for me. He is very good at explaining and show how to do stuff so.

Have a great day .

/Anders

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum Anders

2 Likes

Hi Anders,
I wish you perseverance, and above all,… have fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hi Anders good to see another youngster !
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey Anders, welcome to the community. Your story has echoes of mine. I started playing over 10 years ago and its so worth it. You wont regret it.

2 Likes

Hi Anders, welcome to the forum!

Some of my favourite bands come from Sweden, I bet you’ve seen some amazing gigs! :metal:

All the best with your journey :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Cheers!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Anders, hope you have fun!

2 Likes

Välkommen Anders. I lived in Sweden for over 7 years and both my kids were born there. We have lots of great memories of our time there. Wish you lots of fun with your guitar!

2 Likes

I guess u are a metalhead like myself according to your name :wink: have seen In Flames, amon amarth, the haunted, soilwork and thats only a few. Have been blessed to live kinda close to so many awsome musicians :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! Yeah super jealous! They’re some killer bands! Would love to see them live :metal::metal::metal: I think The Haunted toured with At The Gates a couple of years ago and made it to Aussie but not NZ, definitely thought about jumping on a plane for that gig though! :joy:
Have you got any particular metal tunes on your wish list to play?

2 Likes

So many songs I wanna play when the skills are better. Gojiras “Silvera” would be cool to learn. Alot of song from the old school metallica.

For my current skill level I will try and learn “redneck stomp” with obituary. Awsome song that is kinda simpel to learn

2 Likes

Welcome Anders, hope you enjoy!

2 Likes

Rad! :metal: Yeah Gojira tunes would be great to play, but a bit too tricky for me yet as well :joy:
Obituary is one of my Favorite bands, they were actually the last band I saw before the pandemic when on their Cause of Death tour. They played that album front to back, so damn good! :metal::metal::metal:
I’m mainly focusing on Metallica and Slayer tunes for now too as there’s heaps of tabs and tutorials for those which helps me a lot! :sweat_smile:
All the best, Anders! Looking forward to seeing more from you along your journey :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Good luck on your journey aswell :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Anders, a very warm welcome to JustinGuitar and the community. Justin’s courses, structure and step by step guide to learning is exactly what you need if previous attempts have been frustrating and got you nowhere.
If you’re into rock and metal and enjoy some Scandinavian hard rock - and if you want some inspiration by way of an example of how learning with JustinGuitar can lead to fulfilling dreams, check out Sandmarx. They are a Norwegian rock band. Their guitarist Marcus started learning using Justin’s courses some years back. https://www.youtube.com/@OfficialSandmarx666/videos

Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

1 Like

Thank u for the kind words.

Justins structure and step by step lessons is a perfect foundation to get a good ground.

Thanks for the tip. I do love scandinavian metal of all forms (death,black etc) so im def gonna check them out.

1 Like

Hello and welcome aboard Anders. :slight_smile:

Justin’s course has the ability to keep you coming back for more. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome Anders, enjoy the journey :grinning:

2 Likes