Hello ... I'm Dailin in Ghent, Belgium. I may be just like you, tried several times and now learning properly

Hi everyone

I am just like you (probably) my journey hasn’t been very out of the extraordinary.

Picked up my first guitar when i was about 10 yrs old, because I lacked guides and stability not much came from it.

Fast forward 15 yrs I tried again, bought a guitar. and it got stored away pretty quickly. I mean it did serve as pretty decoration.

last year it all changed, I dont know how, I dont know why. I picked up that guitar and told myself “that’s it”

And I have been playing since then, I fell in love with the practice. I fell in love with my guitar’s

I followed private lesson’s for a while. they helped to learn songs, but everything really changed when I discovered and more important began to understand music theory. Everything felt into place.

anyways… here I am.

I am 28 yrs old mother that just moved her family to Ghent, Belgium.

I would love to make some friends

greetings

11 Likes

Hello Dailin, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.
So interesting to read your introduction, and that you’ve finally reached the point, when you knew ‘now is the time’ :smiley:.
I wish you a wonderful guitar journey and look forward to hearing more from you :grinning:.

3 Likes

Hi Dailin, welcome along to a wonderful community! So good to read of another who’s taken the determined step to learn this great instrument. I hope you take a a lot of enjoyment from your journey!

3 Likes

Hi Dailin, welcome to the community, great to read your story. Guitar is such fun and so rewarding. Look forward to hearing more from you

3 Likes

Hi Dailin,
Welcome and i wish you a lot of fun here,…it is easy to find :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

3 Likes

Welcome Dailin,

Looks like you’ve discovered the secret :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello Dailin!

Welcome to the community and warm greetings from Antwerp!!
Wees welgekomen in deze internationale community!

You’ve definitly come to the right place. It’s a really good environment here, i’m sure you’ll like it.

Good luck with the practice!! See you around somewhere. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello Dailin,

Welcome to the community and greetings from a fellow Belgian. :slight_smile:

Wouter

3 Likes

Hello Dailin and welcome…I’m just like you: in love with my guitar and with my daily practice! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush:

3 Likes

:wave: :metal: :guitar:

R.H

3 Likes

Hi Dailin and welcome to the community.

Another start stop start stop starter here. That went on for 17 years but I’ve not stopped since I arrived here some years ago ! Shout for help whenever you think you need it.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Dailin :smile: :wave:

3 Likes

Welcome, Dailin! Glad to have you here and to hear about your story. It’s such a good feeling when things finally click! Looking forward to hearing about your continuing progress :blush:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome Dailin. :slight_smile:

It does sound like a pretty familiar journey to most peoples, just add in a little regret for not starting sooner. :smiley:

2 Likes

enough regret to be honest lol
but pretty happy so far

2 Likes

A warm welcome from a fellow Belgian, Dailin! :slight_smile:

Just like you, I like both learning to play and music theory. The theory helps me build a frame to work in and tie stuff into. A couple of years ago, I did one year of “muziekschool” and really liked the “notenleer”, but the guitar lessons didn’t work for me. Justin allows me to work on both so that’s a win in my book!

The community here is very positive, friendly and helpful! I hope you have a lot of fun here and keep rocking that guitar!

Greets.

Lodewijk

4 Likes

Hi Dailin, welcome to the community.

3 Likes

Hi Dailin!

Welcome! May you find many friends here and have an amazing guitar journey.

Your story sounds very similar to my own! Tried getting into guitar a couple times before, but, this, the third time, is the furthest I have progressed. Perhaps it is just our time for guitar? It has chosen us? :smile:

On a different note… are you a fan of Cyclocross? It is my favorite sport. I even traveled to watch the World Championship this year. I know that it is a much more popular sport in Belgium, its home. Very few people here, in the US, even know of its existence.

Best Wishes,
Todd

3 Likes

Welcome;
cool to see more and more Belgians finding their way here :smiley:

Sounds like great “first part” of a story and you’re here to create the next :smiley:
I can attest; I dropped in more than 15 years ago and it’s been a wholesome and rewarding story ever since!

Hope you learn a lot.
And if you don’t, ask us for help :wink:

3 Likes

Hello Dailin, welcome to the community.
Start - stop - start again. It is a common story. You are among good company and friends here.
This community is rich with good people happy to encourage and support so don’t be shy to join in and ask.
If you need any help with the theory just ask, I’m in love with it too.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

2 Likes