Hello, I'm Doug from Georgia

Hi all, I’m Doug and am a 56 year old learning guitar. I’ve dabbled on and off (mostly off) over the years but am finally committed to learning to play guitar. I’m using Justin Guitar and am currently in the Beginner Grade 2 module. I look forward to being a part of this community. Oh, and I live in Georgia, USA near Athens.

9 Likes

Welcome Doug there is a bunch of great people here to help out with your journey. Good luck

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Doug

1 Like

Hi Doug & welcome to the Community!
As a 61 year old “beginner” ( for a long time now) I can swear by Justin’s method… I have come farther in the last year than the previous two decades!!! I always suggest that the best thing for you to do is to keep your guitar on a stand & in easy reach… when you have even just a few minutes, you can pick it up and play for a bit! Makes a huge difference!
Good luck with your musical journey!!!

Tod

1 Like

Hello Doug!

Welcome, wish you lots of fun on getting into the structured practice groove :wink:

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Doug! :slight_smile:

Wish you lots of fun on your guitar journey! :smiley:

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Welcome about Doug, nice to meet someone from Georgie, my Dad lived in Valdosta for a number of years.

Look forward to hearing more from you

1 Like

Welcome, Doug, from an older beginner in Michigan. I’ve been to Atlanta a few times on business, many, many years ago. Lovely state.

1 Like

Hi Doug,
I wish you a lot of fun and a nice learning curve :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind welcome. The journey is the reward, right? That is my perspective. I’m about to try to learn Hurt, the Johnny Cash version and written by Trent Reznor. The Tabs from Justin are easy to follow. Wish me luck!

1 Like

Hi Doug
For almost all of life, the most beautiful things can be found on the journey and during the journey (the end is …well the end in life :grin:)… of course an exception can be made with music if you want to play a song well/perfectly then the reward is definitely in the end :sweat_smile:… but there are (almost) always pearls to be found in between :sweat_smile:
I wish you a lot of luck (but it is easy you are saying with the tabs so???)… :four_leaf_clover: … and fun and don`t Hurt yourself to much :laughing:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hello Doug and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

I hope it is more on than off for you this time.

1 Like

Hi Doug sounds a familiar story.
Welcome to the forum.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Doug, Welcome to the Community. Justin has lessons for a lot of great songs that can keep you motivated to play and keep you one the guitar. I don’t know how far you live from Athens, GA, but it is a nice university town with several music venues that I visited once. I also remember that the alternative rock band REM started in Athens, GA, so you live in a good area for musical inspiration.

1 Like

Hi SteveL, I live just a few miles south of Athens and work in downtown Athens. The music scene has been great in Athens for many years for sure. It is inspirational and fun to follow local musicians. Thank you for the welcome.

1 Like

Hi Doug, welcome. Good you found new determination and very good resources to make your guitar learning progress in the right direction. Have fun.

1 Like