Hello im James

Hi, my name is James. I started playing guitar back in '93. I needed something to do with my hands as i just quit smoking. My mother in law pulled a 1960 Gibson ES335 from under her bed and said here, you can borrow this.
I played for myself, bands, what have you… then one day, i stopped. Didnt touch my guitars for 10 years. Now, im retired and found my old friends in the closet. Drug them down to the music store and said here… clean em, string em and set em up. Havin a blast again.

11 Likes

Welcome to the community (and your old guitars) James.

1 Like

Hi James,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Time enough now :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome to the forum James

1 Like

This is the coolest thing I ever heard of a mother-in-law doing!

3 Likes

Welcome James,
Great that you have revived an old habit, … guitar that is, and hopefully still quit smoking… :wink:

JGC run regular VOMs over Zoom, altbough there are a few hoops to jump through; nothing too
arduous but “rules is rules” !

Hope to see you at a JGC OM sometime.

Have fun … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome aboard, James! :smiley:

Wish you loads of fun on your re-entered guitar journey! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I loved that lady. Ive always wondered what happened to that Gibson. I hope it has survived

Thank you Lisa. Ah Frankfurt, how i miss that city. I lived in Würzburg for 13 years. Best of times and best of peoples

1 Like

Welcome James :hugs:.

What a cool story :smiley:.
My mother-in-law brought me an Ibanez from the attic :sweat_smile:. Never underestimate the value of MILs :grin:.

I wish you lots of fun with your new/old hobby :star_struck:.

1 Like

Hey James, welcome to the community! Look forward to hearing more from you

Hi James, welcome to the community forum.

1 Like

Hi James,

Similar situation here, less the 335. :drooling_face: Isn’t it amazing how fast those 10 years went by? I went dormant for about 25 years and now have been recently trying to get back into the “groove”. Now when I pick up one of my guitars, it’s like, “where did those 2-3 hours go?”

Best,

Ken -

Time does fly by when playing. When i strap on a guitar (haha i said strap on) my dog goes to bed

Hi James!

Welcome to the community! :smiley:

Hello James.

Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning:

ps

Holy cow! That is an amazing - and valuable - underbed filler. A holy grail for many.