Hello, I'm Santosh from India

Hello everyone! I’m Santosh Subramanian from Thane, India. I’m 36 years old and I’ve been playing the guitar on-and-off for about a decade now. I’ve always been a party player - strumming chords and singing. I finally found the time now to improve my guitar playing skills and music theory knowledge and just started with the PMT course.

I like rock, prog rock and metal; Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Coldplay, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, GnR, System of a Down. I also listen to a lot of prog house, deep house and trance when I’m working.

My guitar heroes growing up have been David Gilmour, John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, Jimmy Page, Slash, Angus Young, Jan Akkerman, Mark Knopfler and recently, Guthrie Govan. I hope I get to meet these legends some day.

It’s great to be here among this wonderful community and I’m looking forward to connecting with you guys and learning more about guitars.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum Santosh

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Santosh! :smiley:

That’s quite a list of guitar heroes you put down there, amazing stuff to learn from them and their playing. Wish you lots of fun on your journey! :slight_smile:

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Welcome Santosh! Well, you have a decade of practice over me; I’ve just started learning. I hope you find Justin Guitar and the community as welcoming as I have. Enjoy!

1 Like

Hello Santosh, Welcome aboard. I am doing the theory course as well and have just struggled through the triad theory part and had a massive moment of clarity at the end of it. well worth struggling through it.

1 Like

Hey Santosh, welcome to the community. Worked with many Indians over the years and made some great friends amongst them. Good to meet another one

1 Like

Hi Santosh and welcome to the community! All the best with your guitar journey (and with meeting your guitar heroes!) :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Hello Santosh and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

They do say, it’s never a good thing to meet your hero’s. :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Santosh. Your name is easy to remember because I work with a guy who lives in Bangalore with the same name. India sure has some smart people with great attention to detail based on my experience. Good luck on the guitar journey. I like some of the same guitarists. Enjoy the journey. Check out our videos on the record yourself and progress section my last video was by the offspring and will be performing that song Saturday for our open mic here.

Jeff from California.

1 Like

Hi Santosh, Welcome to the group your in good company here loads to learn and great supportive group.
Good luck with your guitar journey and goals.

A

1 Like

Welcome Santosh!

1 Like

Hello Santosh, welcome to the community. Have fun as you steadily learn and improve your guitar playing.

1 Like

Welcome Santosh. You’ve got a great collection of guitar heroes. I have not heard of Guthrie Govan, I will now have to look him up. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Santosh,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Good to meet you Santosh, welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Santosh, welcome. Good that despite being already a party player you are working in you guitar skills and musicality and not getting too comfortable with what you already know. A lot of excellent guitarist to get inspiration from. Keep enjoying playing the guitar.

1 Like

Thank you for all your kind words and having me here guys. I’m now in module 4.2 of PMT and this course has transformed the way I see the guitar. Its been an awesome month!

I still have a long way to go before I learn all the notes on the fretboard though, but I’m getting there :stuck_out_tongue:

The Open Mic meetups look great! I’ll have to plan something like that my peers from Mumbai if there are any here.

1 Like

Hiya Santosh and welcome to the Community.
That’s an eclectic mix of rock bands and guitarists but some good material from all of them for sure. Good to see you here !
:sunglasses:

Thank you so much everyone. Quick update: I discovered Steve Morse around 2 weeks ago… OMG! What a phenomenal player and composer - his music is simply transcendental! I have been learning from his old VHS tapes that are now on YouTube. My new hero!!

2 Likes