Hello, I'm Scott from Carrollton, Georgia (USA)

Hello, my name is Scott and I’m in my early fifties. I’ve been playing acoustic guitar for the last 15+ years and electric for the last 2 years. My commitment to playing was very off and on over the years until I was inspired by our annual work party event (I’m a Product leader for a medical device company) where the band was composed of fellow employees. I told myself I wanted to be up there on the stage the next year and have been playing much more consistently since!

Justin’s instruction has been a complete game changer for me. His ability to ease you into new and challenging techniques and concepts provide me with so much more confidence than any instructor I’ve had before (where they make it look so easy that I get discouraged when it’s hard for me).

Currently diving into his Level 2 instruction and his theory course. I’m also glad to find a community of fellow students to share and grow with!

Glad to be here!

16 Likes

Welcome aboard, Scott! :smiley:

Sounds like you have some foundation to build on and a clear vision in mind that keeps you motivated! Sounds great that you have a company band you can join! :smiley:

Good on starting fresh from scratch with Justin’s course. I wish you lots of fun on your guitar journey and hope to hear something from you and your company band some day. :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the community Scott!

Welcome to the forum Scott

Hey Scott, welcome to the community. Your progress is awesome!

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the community forum. :grinning: :guitar:

Hi Scott,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Hi Scott, welcome to the community forum.

Welcome into the community state neighbor! (I am in NC myself). Grade 2 here myself and it is a game changer for sure! Welcome to the club!

Hi Scott & Welcome!

You’ve found a good place to find/give info & advice!

Tod

Welcome, Scott, I totally agree about Justin’s teaching style. It’s awesome.

Welcome to the community Scott :slightly_smiling_face: Fantastic goal, btw!

Welcome to the community, Scott! You‘ve found a great place to learn and a very supportive community. Have fun!

A game changer is right!
I am in the Atlanta area as well.
Bruce

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the community. :grinning:

Hello Scott.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: