Hello, I'm Shobit in Seattle

Hello everyone! My name is Shobit (pronounced show - bit). I live in Seattle, WA, USA but I was born and raised in Mumbai, India. That’s also where I started to learn guitar (I was about 14 then, so that was about 20 years ago). I mostly taught myself how to play so my progress has been slow and bumpier than I’d like. : )

I’ve always liked the sound of the “blues”, and every time I picked up a guitar and didn’t know what to play, I would unintentionally end up playing random blues notes, even though I didn’t really know it was the blues I was playing until recently. So a year ago, I decided to seriously learn how to play the blues and found JustinGuitar. In the Blues lead course, when Justin talks about blues being a language and you put together the words to form phrases, and that that’s how you communicate and connect with others, I was mind blown. I had never thought of the blues that way, but it all made a lot of sense instantly, and it got me hooked.

I’m now working my way through Grade 4 Blues Licks and learning and absorbing as much as I can. Some of you already heard some of my music samples and I’m so glad you enjoyed them. I hope to get better and post more over the next few years. If anyone here is from or close to Seattle, I’d also love to just meet and jam and record together.

Thanks for reading!

6 Likes

Hi Shobit!

Welcome! Sounds like you’re having a good time with the Blues! Awesome!

Keep rockin!
-Todd

1 Like

Hey Shobit, welcome to the community, nice to hear that you speak my language!

1 Like

Hi Shobit, nice to have you here, have fun with the blues course, hope to get there sometimes…

1 Like

Hi Shobit and welcome ! :+1:

1 Like

Hi Shobit,
Welcome ,and i wish you a lot of fun with the guitar :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome Shobit. I think everyone’s guitar journey is slower and bumpier than they would like. Seems you are making some good progress now.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Shobit. :slight_smile:

I’ve not seen your playing yet but looking forward to hearing a bit of blues.

1 Like

Hello Showbit, welcome to JustinGuitar and the community.
It’s great that Justin’s approach to teaching and explaining those aspects of music have connected with you. Good luck as you learn and make the music you love.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator