Hello I'm Stepan in from Czech Republic!

Hello community,

My name is Stepan (or Steve in English) I am beginer guitar player - sort of. I always wanted to play electric guitar - to play classic rock and metal, but after few weeks with accoustic guitar when I was young and few tries with guitars of my friends than I gived up. I couldnt figure out how to play with pick, which is somehow essential. I was too scared to learn it.

So I played a bass guitar at university (I still have it - but dont play it much nowdays) - since you can play that with fingers and there is usualy fewer strings. :slight_smile:

Fast forward to now, when I am bit old to learn new tricks at 34 years old when I finally decided that I will buy my own six string electric guitar to try to play it. I risked and bought my first guitar used and online - but I think I hit solid piecefor that price - circa 2000s Korean made B.C. Rich Assassin neck-thru. (I did not wanted a tremolo on guitar, but…)

But the best thing is that thanks to JutinGuitar I can play it! Its Marvelous! I am very glad that I started again with playing - the courses are wonderfull! Many many thanks!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum Stepan

2 Likes

Hello Stepan, a very warm welcome to the community.

This below …

… is just fantastic!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

welcome to the community Stepan. Great to hear from you, so cool you finally are making music.

2 Likes

Welcome Stepan! Thanks for sharing your story and awesome to hear you’re enjoying getting into playing guitar again! :sunglasses: :+1:

Did a search on this guitar and, WOW! Looks sick! Nice buy! :guitar::metal::confounded:

1 Like

Welcome to the community Stepan. There’s lots of good people here with plenty of help and encouraging words.

Welcome Stepan, great place to learn! An a vivid, helpful and supportive community will help you to learn, too.

Hi Stepan, welcome! If you think 34 is a bit old to learn new tricks you’ve got some pleasant surprises to come your way!! :wink:

With you all the best, the courses are ,indeed, wonderful! Have fun :+1:

Hi Stepan, I’m a Steven from the uk. Nice guitar you got there.

This my Czech working line Shepherd.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Stepan. :slight_smile:

I think that there are quite a few people who don’t use a pick to play the guitar, so maybe try an acoustic again once you feel comfortable to do so.

Hi Stephan,
Welcome ,and i wish you a lot of fun,… :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome Stepan. Hope you have a great time learning.

1 Like

Hello Stepan enjoy your guitar journey and the community :smile:

1 Like

Well, the thing is most songs I like are played on electric guitar. Acoustic is por sure fine, but I always had problem with strumming patterns - when I tried to learn by myself I was lost and wasnt able to figure that out. Now with these lessons I think I will be able to play somehow Johny Cash songs. Funny enough I do not find using a pick that hard now.

2 Likes

Nice dog - its not very usual breed.

Welcome to Guitartown! Can you recommend a good, readily available Czech beer? If you know of one that uses Saaz hops, that would be a bonus.

Well, I found a nice pale ale that uses Saaz hops:
I liked this beer very much. I may use some Saaz in my own brewing.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, music. Play on playa!

1 Like

Hmmm depends on the place where you live. Czech beers are very traditional Pilsner style lagers mostly - funny thing is that most big names Czech beers available abroad are the brands I would not touch with 10 yard pole :grinning: Except for Pilsner Urquel and Budweiser Budvar these are OK. I will recommand Bernard beers. Lately small breweries with more experimental types emerged - “Pivovar Matuška” will be my choice of the best. Regarding the hops I am afraid I dont know.

1 Like

Thanks! I could talk brewing all day. :slight_smile: Rest assured that I have some ales with Saaz that are bottle conditioning as we speak. It’s a wonderful hop. Lagers and Pilsners are not in my headspace at the moment. I’m mostly doing American Pale Ale and American Brown Ale. Here’s a track that I recorded celebrating my first home brew which was an American Brown Ale clone named Caribou Slobber

Nice - I have had my litlle “lost in translation moment” because I was thinking that Saaz hops is some new think, where its our most known hops named after the town/region where they are from. I never thinked there is non-Czech name for it.
Meanwhile I bougt another guitar - another Korean made Epiphone LP custom…it was a bargain.