Hello - I'm Stephen from Hampshire, England

Hello everyone. I am Stephen from Hampshire on the sometimes sunny south coast of the UK. Just returning to guitar after a looooooooong time not playing, and am just starting to work my way through the beginners lessons to get back into it - especially the music theory section.

Hopefully there will be a beginners forum that I can populate with my questions.

Nice to meet you all.

10 Likes

Hi Stephen

Every lesson on the website has a discussion tab that is a direct line to the corresponding thread here. So no need for a specific beginner forum, as this Community covers it all. And any questions are visible to all and there is a vast array of experience and knowledge to draw down on.

If you have a query that may not be lesson specific, take a stab at which category section to post it in and the mods will move it if necessary but you’ll soon find your way around.

Welcome on board, enjoy the ride.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hi Stephen,
Welcome,and I wish you a ot of fun :sunglasses:
And echo what Toby is saying,…looking forward to here more from you :smiley:
Greetings, Rogier

2 Likes

Hello Stephen, welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community.
Starting from the very beginning is a really good idea, good luck with it.

It is right here:

Scroll down the Community when viewing by Categories.

Plus, from any lesson on the website, look under the video pane and click on the ‘Discussion’ tab to come through to the specific topic in the Community.
Example:

Look between Learn More and Notes.

If you need any help or support just ask.
Cheers
Richard

4 Likes

Thanks all for the kind welcome and the website tricks and tips. The lesson discussion thread linking directly to the forum is a neat tip to know.

Had been noodling around on guitar for years but never really took it seriously - and then gave it up during mid-life for a number of reasons, so hence starting back from the beginning.

Have some nice equipment so looking forward to learning more and getting more out of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Stephen, a very warm welcome, have a lot of fun restarting your guitar playing. Sure, you remember a lot and old skills will come back quickly.

2 Likes

Welcome Stephen, so nice to have you here :hugs:.
Justin Guitar is a fantastic place to restart your guitar journey, and this wonderful community offer you additional support and encouragement if needed :smiley:.
I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend and look forward to hearing more from you :grinning:.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Stephen

2 Likes

Welcome Stephen.

R.

2 Likes

Welcome Stephen. The forum is all about helping people so ask away.

2 Likes

Hey Stephen, welcome! Nice to meet you as well. Look forward to hearing more.

2 Likes

Hello Stephen and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

There are plenty of people here to help you with your questions.

2 Likes

Hi Stephen and welcome! Don’t hesitate making questions, as you can find here always a kind soul willing to help :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome Stephen, nice to know there are other guitar players in Hampshire.
Enjoy your learning journey, Justin’s site is an incredible resource, and the Community reassure you that you are not alone :blush:

1 Like

Morning Phil. Thanks for the message. Yes I’m just up the road from you near Emsworth. And yes, have been enjoying finding my way around the community site, and completing some lessons to get me back into playing.

1 Like

Hi Stephen, I know Emsworth well.
I am usually over for gigs at The Emsworth Music Club once a month :guitar::blush:

1 Like

Hi, oh that’s interesting. I had no idea there was such a thing. Have just checked out the website. Is that hosted at the Bluebell?

1 Like

Hi Stephen, it’s hosted at Emsworth Sports and Social Club:

:blush:

1 Like

Stephen, welcome to the community forum. Don’t forget to look at the song video lessons for beginner grades. Justin usually starts with beginner strums (1 to 4 strums to the bar), but usually adds an additional section with more sophisticated strums, so you get to see the application of a variety of strum patterns.

1 Like