Hello. I'm Victor, from Houston, Texas

I’ve recently dusted off my acoustic guitar and have decided to commit to learning to play it. I tried taking lessons a few years back but didn’t click with the instructors. So sadly, I put the guitar in the closet. I came across Justin Guitar and loved the initial online classes. Today, I took my guitar to a local shop - they are cleaning it up, straightening the slightly warped neck, working on the action and changing to nylon/steel strings. Hopefully, all this makes the guitar a bit more finger friendly.

I’ve noticed that there are quite a few members here from Houston, Missouri City and the surrounding area. I am a more seasoned player (turning 62 in a couple of weeks). Maybe after I get a few months of practice in, I’ll be brave enough to reach out and meet some other players in person.

I’m thrilled to be part of this community and look forward to learning and participating.

4 Likes

That’s what it’s all about, Victor! Welcome to the community. You’ll never find a more supportive and helpful group of people than this!

Good move taking your guitar for a good setup, that can make all the difference in the world.

Welcome Victor :smiley: I’m thrilled you’ve joined us. Good idea to have your guitar set up, it will make a difference. I hope you can connect with others in your area, it’s an excellent way to fast forward your progress.

Welcome to the Community Victor!

Welcome to the Community, Victor. You are in the right place to learn to play.

Welcome Victor and good to have! I’d definitely advocate meeting up with others when and if you feel able to. It’s surprising how much it will really develop your playing.

Hello and welcome Victor. :slight_smile:

There are quite a few mature players here. Seems we are all trying to recapture our youth. :smiley:

If you havent already found it then you might be interested in the Older guitar students / Can 'old dogs' learn new tricks? thread! although I’m not sure what really classifies you as old.

Welcome, Victor. I’m also from Houston (Spring/Woodlands area). Good to see you here.

Hello and welcome Victor. I’m a more mature student and just one year in. I’ve only been around on the community for about a month but its a good place to be and helps no end with the learning process. Good luck with your newly set up guitar and I hope to see more of you here :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Vic good to meet you. :sunglasses:

Hello Vic, welcome onboard.

Old is when the definition of ‘an all-nighter’ changes from 24-hour partying to being able to sleep through the night without needing to get up and visit the bathroom for a tinkle!

:wink:

4 Likes

:rofl: Very depressing.

Hello and welcome to the community Vic. :slight_smile:

Ouch, too close to home! :grumble:

I practiced for about an hour today and it’s the first time my fingers weren’t screaming at me. I was wondering if they would ever toughen up. So, to the other newbies, keep at it, there is hope!

2 Likes