Hello Justin fans, I'm Steven from Clacton-on-Sea, England

Hello from Clacton on sea in England.
A bit of an old boy learning to try and play this 6 string thing.
Well, been trying a long time really.
No real music history in the family apart from me wanting to learn the piano way back in the 1980’s.
Sorry lovely old lady tried showing a 9 year old how to read sheet music, this key means this and that key means that (BORED)

Foward some years well 1997 or 98 my sister gave me a practice guitar her other half got and stuck in the loft.
Wow that electric sound got me fixed just playing the top E string was so cool the other 5 strings well they just messing about. I then even gone out bought a book read it back and forward WTF?
Well learnt some open chords and some scales got a Epiphone SG and sort of well gave up. Always war in having the guitar downstairs and little brats (kids) it was not safe down there really.
In the loft the wife would place it, I blame her 500% out of a 100% for it twisted neck now days.
Covid came alot of things changed, well the world gone crazy and apart from that we moved, and I found the guitar again hello SG with the twisted neck… how you, it’s reply don’t ask!
It sounded crap one knob not doing anything I took it to the local guitar shop, needed a new jack plug for sure.
A little bored and knowing about the neck I somehow clicked on a buy it now Epiphone slash les Paul.
I then joined a guitar thing on the web re-joined it this year again, only to get a email on that thing you’re learning we are removing it you can buy it for ever for $$.
So I’m here starting from the start and it free wow oh wow. learning a new way to Goto D and A and maybe a way to play that dam A chord. Worked out that finger not moving to E mayor to nice but hard as I got bad habits set in. But A always sound like IF note and not a A note.
Timing another thing still don’t understand timing thing 120 bps 60 bps 10 bps, yeah understand 120 faster than 60 but I not hearing a 120 notes a second. Fingers crossed I will do Justin was

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Community! Consider yourself lucky you’re able to identify when a bad habit sets in! This is a clear good sign you’ll do well :blush::blush::blush: As for timing I really struggled too to understand how it all worked and to tap my foot accordingly (I sometimes still struggle) and I bless the day I started practicing with Justin’s Songs App, as it has helped really a lot! See you around :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome!

Yes here you can learn A LOT for free and it even comes with a Community where you can turn for help…or just sharing your insights and progress of course!

2 Likes

Welcome, I’m new here myself and just starting to get into it.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. Look forward to hearing more from you. For me the big kick came from learning my first song. A most rewarding hobby.

2 Likes

Hi Steven. A warm welcome to the community, that’s quite a tale of guitar use and abuse.
Getting a twisty warped neck is the point of no return for some guitars. Congrats on the Les Paul, let’s hope you become firm friends.
With Justin’s lessons and determination you’ll be on the right track.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

The SG not dead had a m8 take a look at it. New pots new switch and jack plug upgraded to a 4 point connector. Plus new strings 9g on lower strings and 10g on higher strings to help with the twist. Top E string still easy to get a some :honeybee: going on. But she sounds alot better in tone now days making her more fun to play over the les paul.

I also somehow became a owner of a mim strat and a Epiphone dove

It’s beats per minute (bpm) not beats per second.

Ops yeah sorry :smiling_face:

Hey, that is good news!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. You have not excuse no with a few guitars and a free course.

1 Like

Just love that you somehow clicked buy now Steven! Love it. Stick with Justin and all shall be well. :grin:

1 Like

Hello Steven,
welcome to this wonderful community :hugs: .
With Justin Guitar, you’ve found a great place to restart your guitar journey. I wish you lots of fun :smiley: .

1 Like

Hi Steven, good to meet you and welcome to the community!
As you’re discovering Justin’s course if simply brilliant and works so well! Stick with it and you’ll be rewarded, no doubt about it.
Good luck and enjoy the journey.

1 Like

Hello Steven and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

:rofl: :rofl: Brilliant! It’s amazing how those things just somehow happen.

2 Likes