Hello from Marc I'm an older American in London learning to make music

American expat living in London, not far from Abbey Road! I’m a software engineer by trade (40 years) but an artist in my heart. :slight_smile:

A long time Justin student and fan, I enjoy playing guitar, singing, and writing.

I just posted my first recording here:

My current goals are:

1. play with other people
  2. master a small repetoire (e.g. 3-5 songs)
  3. perform a song or two live at an open mic in London

Read more about me at my blog: https://mco.dev.

6 Likes

Welcome to the firum Marc.

2 Likes

Welcome Marc. Goals look good and London should be a good place to find others to play with.

2 Likes

Hey Marc, welcome to the community. There are a few software developers on the forums, your blog was an interesting / good read, I have a similar email style to you. I hope Walking in Memphis is one of your planned repertoire songs. Playing guitar I find is a great way to unwind from the intensity of building apps. Look forward to hearing more from you.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Marc

2 Likes

I LOVE Walking in Memphis!

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome and nice to meet you Tony!

1 Like

Hello and welcome Marc. :slight_smile:

I’m sure you’ll achieve your goals.

2 Likes

Hey there, thanks for introducing yourself here. Welcome to the Community, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything! Cheers.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Marc. It sounds like you are well on your way towards accomplishing your goals. Justin Guitar Community is a fantastic option for learning and networking with peers to get feedback and tips. I will give acoustic heroes a listen. Thanks for sharing. I post my music here too every now and then and get great feedback to improve. Have a great day

Jeff

2 Likes

Hi Marc, a very warm welcome to the JG community.
Great goals and I wish you all the luck and all the success in reaching them.
What a great version of Heroes too.

1 Like