Acoustic Heroes by David Bowie

First time submission, hope you like it. It’s got some rough edges, for sure, but that’s what makes it real, ya know. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I thought this was amazing! Great rhythm and awesome vocals i thought! Beautiful song as well and it suited you!!! Great job!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind words!

Hi Marc,
What a first video…a great performance absolutely beautiful, :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:…looking forward to hearing more from and about you.
Greetings ,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks Roger, very kind of you – I’m happy to be here in such a supportive community!

Firstly, welcome to the Community Marc, what a wonderful way to announce yourself.

Loved the rendition of that song. Your finger-picking served as perfect accompaniment to a vocal delivered with feeling. Lots to love!

I suggest you hop on over to #community-hub:introduce-yourself and post up an intro, which typical includes some personal background, guitar/musical history, and goals/aspirations as a student of JustinGuitar.

1 Like

Very nice Marc, well played and great vocals!
Welcome to the community, it’s a great place to be for getting feedback and support for anything you need to help play your guitar. Any questions you have about anything music related are sure to be answered in great detail that will help understand the answers, there’s som amazing musicians here!
Good luck for the future :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Marc. Nice interpretation and well played and sung.

1 Like

Hi Marc,
What a great first video, really enjoyed it!
Welcome to the community and looking forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Superb! Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Hi Marc,

Can’t beat some Bowie, and you’ve done a great job here.
Vocal has a nice vulnerability to it. Works very well with the acoustic backing.

Hope Maya liked it.
Welcome to J’s.

Digger

1 Like

Thank you all for such kind words. What a wonderfully supportive community!

1 Like

That was excellent Marc. Your voice was perfect for that song! Loved it!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion David! I just posted an intro here:

1 Like

Lovely debut Marc.

Fantastic :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Marc, what a wonderful introductory AVOYP you have given us.
Very cool.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Richard. Happy to be here!

Hi Marc, I love this song and what a wonderful interpretation you gave us here! I like the finger-picking and also the calm way to play it, very sensitiv. Looking forward for more!

1 Like

Thanks Helen! Really appreciate the kind feedback.

1 Like

Great job on this song Marc. I loved the finger style approach. It really fits the melody well. Thanks very much for sharing.

Jeff

1 Like