Hello, Rob here!

Rob, welcome to the community forum. 30 yo is a great age to start guitar, but then any age is a great time to start guitar. Seriously though, you can become as proficient as you want to be. Just practice regularly (daily), have patience and have fun playing songs and the skills will develop naturally.

2 Likes

Thank you! To keep the daily practice going, I keep the guitar on a stand and I grab it whenever I get a chance. What’s the best way to keep it clean though, do you use some special thing or just a normal cloth?

1 Like

Rob, I’m probably the wrong one to ask about that. I keep my acoustic in a case and pull out before each practice. I keep my electric (Strat) hanging in a neck hanger on the wall in the practice area and don’t worry about dust. I probably should wipe my strings but I don’t.

2 Likes

Hello Rob.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. I’m arriving late to the hello and welcome party. By now you may have made progress on that song you seem so keen to learn. I hope so.
The Community is large, as is the website. If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :blush:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.

1 Like

Hi Rob & welcome!!!

I try to remember to wash my hands before picking up the guitar & after playing to wipe down the strings… I keep a microfiber cloth handy for that purpose. If it gets dusty or fingerprints, I use a very slightly damp, very soft cloth a give the entire thing a gentle wipe. Then I use a dry cloth to get any excess moisture off… no chemicals and not “polishing” , just a really gentle clean.

Remember to keep things fun & enjoy the journey!!!

Tod